The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot Craft CP160 - capped at CP150

SteveyP777
Greetings,

I just want to check something.

I went and crafted a full set in Grahtwood for the Set of the Seducer. I crafted at the max using Ancestor Silk for light armour - 5 pieces - then went to create glyphs to accompany the pieces I had made. I crafted the max you can craft with glyphs - all epic quality with CP minimum of 160.

Went to enchant and it said 'There are no enchantments available for this item'.

I noticed that despite having crafted these items at the max available - it capped the items at CP150, so none of the epic glyphs I'd created could be used on them.

I'm at max rank for all my crafts and way over CP160 in terms of champion points.

I went back to Grahtwood to the crafting station and saw that it said 'Ancestor Silk - CP150-160'... ... ...

Why???????

Is this particular set capped at CP150??????

I truly wish that could have been clearer - obviously crafting epic quality stuff is taxing on resources so to say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

Thanks for any help offered.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 20, 2023 3:09AM
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Below where it says ancestor silk there's a + button to increase from 150 to 160. Is that not there? By default, the material is at the lowest level available for it.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use ancestor silk to craft either cp150 or cp160 armour and have to select what you want in the crafting window. It works exactly similar to how it worked at lower levels, where you could e.g. craft a level 1 iron dagger, a level 14 iron dagger or something inbetween depending on your choice.
  • SteveyP777
    It sounds like - as usual - I have missed something obvious and my frustration was entirely of my own making.

Thank you very much for helping me see the issue.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least CP150 does not waste a ton of mats.

You could also keep the gear for a Farming Build as most Zombie/Undead grinds do not require leet gear or builds.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

This discussion has been closed.