The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What happened to the Gold Kuta drops?

Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO
As the title states - what happened to the gold Kuta drops? Have been farming runes for a long time and was able to get at least 1 gold Kuta every once-in-awhile, but now... ever since the patch... nothing. Are they only accessible through writs now?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't say I keep close enough track of it to tell definitively whether they've gone up or down in drop rates, but I can tell you for certain that Kuta still drop from random nodes in the world. I just got two this morning, out of around 50 Runestones.

I wouldn't be surprised if RNG got a bit screwy with the CP updates, though. Perhaps someone who tracks their harvesting, similar to how @tmbrinks tracks writ stuff, would have insight into this. I don't know who that would be, though...
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just be a bad run of RNG.

Did you put your passives back into the enchantment tree?
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO
    GreenHere wrote: »
    I can't say I keep close enough track of it to tell definitively whether they've gone up or down in drop rates, but I can tell you for certain that Kuta still drop from random nodes in the world. I just got two this morning, out of around 50 Runestones.

I wouldn't be surprised if RNG got a bit screwy with the CP updates, though. Perhaps someone who tracks their harvesting, similar to how @tmbrinks tracks writ stuff, would have insight into this. I don't know who that would be, though...

At least they're dropping - that's all I need to hear, Thnx a bunch :)

Oh yea, all passives are covered (I suppose you mean the 'Crafting' tree), unless of course I'm misunderstanding some of the nomenclature and their meaning. But then again you might be referring to the Crafting Skill Tree (which includes all the crafting skills within the character leveling tree). Will have to check into those again. Anyways, I use 9 toons to farm a bit before I do other things and not one gold Kuta for the last 4 days. Most likely as you and GreenHere mentioned... bad RNG or my passives need looking into... lol. Thnx again...
    Edited by Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO on March 30, 2021 11:24PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they're still dropping, but the rate has always been fickle. (I even got a triple!!! kuta drop from one of the approximately 150 enchanting surveys I picked up soon after the patch)

But, the daily writs have always been the best source of them, I get significantly more from those than I do from the surveys.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

At least they're dropping - that's all I need to hear, Thnx a bunch :)

Oh yea, all passives are covered (I suppose you mean the 'Crafting' tree), unless of course I'm misunderstanding some of the nomenclature and their meaning. Will have to check into those again. .Use 9 toons to farm a bit before I do other things and not one gold Kuta for the last 4 days. Most likely as you and GreenHere mentioned... bad RNG. Thnx again...

I.. think we're talking about the same thing? It's under skills, not the crafting cp tree.

Skills -> enchanting -> potency improvement. If that's not set back to10, you're not gonna see any Kuta.
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Yes, they're still dropping, but the rate has always been fickle. (I even got a triple!!! kuta drop from one of the approximately 150 enchanting surveys I picked up soon after the patch)

But, the daily writs have always been the best source of them, I get significantly more from those than I do from the surveys.

Daily writs and hirelings. For sure.
  • Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO
    I.. think we're talking about the same thing? It's under skills, not the crafting cp tree.

Skills -> enchanting -> potency improvement. If that's not set back to10, you're not gonna see any Kuta.

THIS^^^^

Lol... another one of my 'DoH' moments.. You pointed out the problem and I misunderstood it and checked the Crafting CP 2.0 allocation instead of the Enchantment Tree in the character leveling part. Was short a few points... with my other toons as well. Thank you sir, much appreciated.
    Edited by Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO on March 31, 2021 2:41AM
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS^^^^

Lol... another one of my 'DoH' moments.. You pointed out the problem and I misunderstood it and checked the Crafting CP 2.0 allocation instead of the Enchantment Tree in the character leveling part. Was short a few points... with my other toons as well. Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Excellent! Glad I could help :)

Happy farming!