The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guards are over performing

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Now resource guards are another story altogether. If we would see a significant positive change in server performance I would welcome getting rid of them altogether. It seems rather pointless to have resources guarded at all times. Especially when a keep goes under attack. They're just gonna sit on a resource and watch the keep flip? I mean come on now...it makes no sense at all.

Haha if we're gonna talk about things that make no sense in the game, I got a laundry list.

I think guards need adjusted because when cp 2.0 hit they seemed to get stronger, to the point where they hit harder, cc more often, and are sturdier than 99 percent of players. Combine that with the total number in home keeps, it gets ridiculous.

I get the one. Slow down attackers to give defenders a chance to stop them, and offer support for smaller groups in the face of larger numbers.

I agree defenders need help. That's why I think guards should be slightly nerfed and in return defending siege weapons buffed. I'm tired of 6 people on a ram eating multiple lancers and oils because of siege should plus purge plus overcharged heals. The only people who get pushed back are bad players and glass cannons.

Then you get tanks on the back line who can just eat everything you throw at them.

Then you scramble to get inside to get your siege up top and you can't even get a good angle because the Tamrial keep designers didn't consider defend AT ALL
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it if a. Guards couldn't negate and break your stealth through doors, floors and walls b. Your targeting of skills didn't shift from who you actually have targeted and go onto the guards. c. Their detects were not such an enormous range. d. Their hit and run and you cant hit them while they reset was stopped.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind if the guards are op and kinds of stuff.. but I do have an issue with guards having a large detection radius span. It's a nightmare for us stamblades, who managed to sneak inside of an enemy keep. Everywhere you go.. you get detected by guards. That's annoying. I can be 30 feet away from a guard, and still, get detected by them. that's just crazy.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    I don't mind if the guards are op and kinds of stuff.. but I do have an issue with guards having a large detection radius span. It's a nightmare for us stamblades, who managed to sneak inside of an enemy keep. Everywhere you go.. you get detected by guards. That's annoying. I can be 30 feet away from a guard, and still, get detected by them. that's just crazy.

Fine by me.

The negate spam though...
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

These guys don’t seem to have any problem with guards...

https://youtu.be/0aT6CDpjPSA

The key things are knowing where the guards are and having enough magicka sustain to keep cloak active. I use one magicka recovery enchant on my stamblade and this seems to do the job.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have with guards is the negates. Nothing like having a good group v group fight ruined by a random npc negate.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

These guys don’t seem to have any problem with guards...

https://youtu.be/0aT6CDpjPSA

The key things are knowing where the guards are and having enough magicka sustain to keep cloak active. I use one magicka recovery enchant on my stamblade and this seems to do the job.

LOL being one of the people in that group, yes we have trouble with guards too.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often see Guards NPCs confused back and forth.
    In other words, the server is looping through that process.
    Yes. This even happens in the morning or early in the day, when we have low population on Cyrodiil. It is not as bad as it was maybe one or two years back, but it still happens often enough. I am pretty sure the npc routines in Cyrodiil are messed up. At the same time even when they do work they do stupid things. I love it when you attack the npc at a ressource tower and a npc healer starts healing some random npc standing far away.

Personally I think the CC spam from guards is the worst. You get CC CC CC CC, I am pretty sure I am not getting CC immunity as I should vice versa as you should after breaking free.

They don't need to be nerfed or toned down, but maybe they need some overhaul or update.

On a side note, I find it funny how 90% of people answering ignore that the OP didn't talk about soloing a ressource, but about fighting against a guard camping player.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on June 6, 2021 8:32AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remembered back in the day when guards were overpowered because players were underpowered, whole groups being wiped by guards... Good times. I don't believe guards should be made easier, in fact they should be made harder.