The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stamina class for vMA

kralskritek
Greetings,
I fininshed my first veteran maelstrom arena with Magicka sorcerer. I play mostly magicka/mana classes in RPGs/MMORPGs and ofcourse I got maelstrom bow yesterday from final chest :D
So I would like to to create a new stamina character which will be used mainly (at least for now) for another veteran MA run (to get inferno staff for my mage :D). So I would like to ask you for a help.
Which stamina class is the best for clearing veteran MA? (except sorcerer, I dont want to level up stamina sorcerer now :D) and which class is really difficult for clearing vMA?
Is stamina nightblade much more difficult than magicka nightblade as far as vMA is concerned?
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use your magicka sorc. You'll get your staff as quickly with him.

You are not more likely to drop a stam weapon on a mag toon.
    It's just a confirmation bias / statistical anomaly issue.
    Edited by preevious on March 29, 2021 11:23AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with @preevious about trying to game the RNGeezus. It doesn't work. I prefer the magsorc with pets for VMA, too.

However, if you are interested, I also run a stamblade 2H werewolf in VMA and it is easy mode, part deux. Alessian Order with your choice ofTzvogins/Blood Moon/Drozakar/Briarheart and a monster set of Selenes or Velidreth. I run the 2H because the skills are more in line with VMA as its closer to PVP. The gap closer of Critical Rush is also highly effective. Werewolf form is great in all rounds but Round 7.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer classes which have build Major Breach into them. Currently that is mostly Stam DK and Stamcro. If you can't provide it with a dot or ground-based aoe skill, you would have to rely on Night Mother's Gaze (which lets you lose a better damage set) or Caltrops (which are expensive). Apart from that, classes with high direct damage are in advantage in my opinion.

If you want to get easy through vma, I guess most are running 2h now for Brawler, so classes don't matter as much anymore. Espcially if you combine it with the Ring of Pale Order.

I haven't done vma for a while, though. In Vateshran I've found Stamplar so far the easiest, mainly because of its high damage output I think.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!