Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stop Seize from becoming META

WoppaBoem
WoppaBoem
✭✭✭✭✭
With the less tankyniss of most players which is great btw siege need to be brought down. Lancers are killing it out there and it getting really annyoing good fights can be over right away by siege. Siege is good for big battles and breaking down doors and walls. However if one player takes out seige on a wall and can kill dozens and ruins good fights it need a adjustment please.

Please nerf seige by 20% in CP to get the same level as it was before the buff. The CP changes have been great however the big inbalance due to all of this is seige now. Thank you,
Edited by WoppaBoem on March 28, 2021 1:21AM
Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    With the less tankyniss of most players which is great btw siege need to be brought down. Lancers are killing it out there and it getting really annyoing good fights can be over right away by siege. Siege is good for big battles and breaking down doors and walls. However if one player takes out seige on a wall and can kill dozens and ruins good fights it need a adjustment please.

Please nerf seige by 20% in CP to get the same level as it was before the buff. The CP changes have been great however the big inbalance due to all of this is seige now. Thank you,

I agree, but sadly people have relied on seige and armor sets to do the work for them so they think it needs to be buffed instead of learning game mechanics. Unfortunately the good old days of player vs player are gone and now its just seige and armor sets fighting front doors of empty keeps.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was a recent thread complaining that siege needed to be buffed on the CP campaigns because organized groups were healing right through it. So I'm curious - when this strong siege is ruining "good fights", are we talking about siege being too strong vs organized groups? Or too strong vs disorganized skirmishers, small groups, or zergs?
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the siege I fire gets dodged or blocked. Which makes no sense to me but hey thats the design apparently.

I'm pleased it cant proc Harbingers or Radiant Bastion any more though.
    Ps4 EU
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege is fine how it is.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This and the nerf horse walk walk speed thread proving that there really can be a nerf thread for ANYTHING.
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

I agree, but sadly people have relied on seige and armor sets to do the work for them so they think it needs to be buffed instead of learning game mechanics. Unfortunately the good old days of player vs player are gone and now its just seige and armor sets fighting front doors of empty keeps.

If you want to duel go to Stormhaven and duel. Leave Cyrodiil to the rest of us who actually like large-scale PvP and want to make use of all the tools that the game provides to us.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase siege damage. Standing in red is supposed to be a bad thing.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This and the nerf horse walk walk speed thread proving that there really can be a nerf thread for ANYTHING.
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

If you want to duel go to Stormhaven and duel. Leave Cyrodiil to the rest of us who actually like large-scale PvP and want to make use of all the tools that the game provides to us.

I always play the map and I enjoy fights as well. I just think it’s sad that people expect seige and armor to do all the work for them because they are afraid to die in a video game.

You already have the tools you need there is no need to buff them to an “I Win” button.

• Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree.

Seige should be the thorn in someone's side when their trying to take a keep from defenders. Seige is the only counter to ball groups, and there is only so much real-estate for placing seige down.

They should improve seige damage and introduce hidden telegraphs, so when there's an active seige with defenders; you have to watch where you stand and pay attention to where defenders are pointing siege.

IF you want to rush in like a huge mob then there's always resources; which will get you more AP than flipping keeps. That's how you gain AP for the leader board with the delve buff anyways. This route doesn't require groups too.
    Edited by Sahidom on March 30, 2021 9:43PM