The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

With the leap to next gen..will furniture limit increase?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
Sooner or later support will be dropped for last gen consoles

do you think that with the move over, housing will get its much needed increase for furniture items?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.
    PCNA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because PC has the same limits, and they could have already increased the limit for us a long time ago.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because PC has the same limits, and they could have already increased the limit for us a long time ago.

sooner or later you gotta leave the old pcs behind just like you do with older consoles

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.

higher specs = can load in more
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same servers shared between new gen and old gen consoles most likely.

Meaning that they can't upgrade the limits. Also because even a modern low-end "Baseline" PC that you could build today needs to be able to handle it.

Maybe by the NEXT generation leap, they could do it, but there's just too much ground to cover currently.

Unless they somehow orchestrated a server split that had a "High End" performance server collection for Strong PC rigs and the new consoles, and a "Standard" server collection for the older/weaker stuff.

But that would likely be a HUGE divide in Player Base and I don't think ZOS wants that at all.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on March 27, 2021 5:47PM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Same servers shared between new gen and old gen consoles most likely.

Meaning that they can't upgrade the limits. Also because even a modern low-end "Baseline" PC that you could build today needs to be able to handle it.

Maybe by the NEXT generation leap, they could do it, but there's just too much ground to cover currently.

Unless they somehow orchestrated a server split that had "High End" performance server for Strong PC rigs and the new consoles, and a "Standard" server for the older/weaker stuff.

But that would likely be a HUGE divide in Player Base and I don't think ZOS wants that at all.

I mean in the future
    cause eventually they will move over fully and stop supporting last gen

in a couple years likely but still in the future
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to consider performance under the minimum specifications, and newer furnishings have been more taxing on current systems. I can hear my fans getting louder near certain effect furnishings like Azure Plasm Cage, Hanging and Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool, and people in my houses have told me the same. So unless these are really optimized for low settings, it seems that more graphics power is going towards more complex, higher res furnishings rather than a furnishing limit increase.

But of course, we don't know what the plans for the future are for sure.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God I hope they will increase the limit. ZOS has stated before that the limit is to do with the console and PC is being held back as well due to this. With the new consoles being much more powerful I really hope they increase it to at least 1000-1200 form 700.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not while they still support Stadia :(
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope so. And maybe they need to look at adjusting the furniture limit per platform.

The thing is, if they want people to continue to buy these huge “manor” style houses that sprawl over a huge territory, the furnishing limit needs to match the area that we have to fill.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have to approach it differently than just adding numbers, but with their focus on performance and new content, it’s difficult to see where they can fit that in.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game cannot run stable on the current consoles (including the series x). What makes you think a new higher demand version will run any better?