The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is cyrodill performance effected by overall megaserver population?

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Genuinely asking here as I am ignorant in the way the cyrodill pulls information from other servers.

I have noticed cyrodill can be pop locked anytime in the day and have few/no performance issues. Where as during prime time the performance is much worse even if it isn't pop locked. Performance even overland and in BG's becomes questionable at primetime.

It also makes sense that performance has degraded with the increase in popularity of this game.

I wanted to ask people more tech savvy than myself, could communications outside cyrodill cause more latency? Things like chatting to guilds, mailing, notifications etc... It also saves your position outside of cyrodill.
Edited by relentless_turnip on March 27, 2021 3:23PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know when we move to MS infrastructure and how much that will improve performance.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    I'd like to know when we move to MS infrastructure and how much that will improve performance.

I don't know that they are... When announcing the deal they said everything would remain the same. They did mention upgrading the servers this year, but this was an isolated statement with no affiliation made to Microsoft.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know that they are... When announcing the deal they said everything would remain the same. They did mention upgrading the servers this year, but this was an isolated statement with no affiliation made to Microsoft.

And not anticipated to have any positive impact on performance, don't get your hopes up there.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is performance always worse during events, weekends and holidays? (unless they do something to mitigate the load like they have occasionally done in the past)
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wager that it does. Bandwidth is not unlimited. Even outside Cyro, whenever there is an event like we are having now. The game just feels less responsive, wether doing a pledge or even writs, it all just feel more bogged down during events.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofc they said it, it's hard to admit that we were deceived for years that it is not hardware if servers change will improve anything. If it improves performance, then it will be welcomed "surprise". If not, well, we are going to experience another year of performance fixes.