Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is best PvP meta in years, don’t mess it up ZOS!

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    One zerg was running like two groups, and pretty much all of them had crimson and earthgore. Are you even playing the game at that point? And yeh, I know that's not a lot of damage, but when there's 20+ of them chipping away at you but never dying, they'll always win.

Fingers crossed we'll keep those sets out, and I'm looking forward to stat boosting sets like alchemist, war maiden, new moon acolyte, bright throat, pariah, 7th etc coming back. Although with all the fee stats we got with the update, we're going to see crazy high numbers being hit on some stats.

I'm not sure the ontological difference between Earthgore and Pariah is all that clear. Is Seducer's a good proc? Is Caluurion's? If Seducer's is good and Caluurion's is bad, what about Queen's Elegance?

I'm not sure it's possible to draw clear ontological lines between which procs are acceptable and which are not on account of their nature. From my view procs can only be compared to each other by their objective numerical values and how they relate to other build elements.

As for other build elements, Enchantments and Poisons are free, unscaled damage, Potions and skills like Spell Symmetry and Dark Exchange are free, unscaled resources, etc.

I would say that the ones that deal free damage for the player or free healing are bad. Crimson for instance...you can literally go AFK, and it will proc when someone hits you and keep you alive. That is the game playing for you. Queen's Elegance on the other hand, does not deal damage for you. It can buff your damage, but you still have to manually heavy attack using your mouse, keyboard, and fingers in order to see it's benefits added to your damage. Queen's Elegance does not play the game for you, so I would say that is a safe "proc".

Anything that promotes Player damage/healing against Players is good. Anything that promotes ZOS damage/healing against players is bad. We want PVP not ZVP.

I'd love to see an afk player surviving with just crimson aganist any competent player hitting them, really.

Last patch they totally could, especially if they wore earthgore. People are dying faster this patch, but the point remains the same: It's ZOS healing and doing damage for you.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i agree this patch is great now magicka builds are on par if not better than stam. I completely scrapped my stamcro just because magcro for the first time is the better choice in cyro.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    While the previous meta certainly wasn't the greatest thing ever, I think the current situation is overall worse. Issues with class balance aren't as covered up as they were before, and "1-shot" metas with incredibly powerful heals are pretty awful IMO. It makes DOTs essentially useless in many cases, and even burst is often required to reach ludicrous levels in order to be effective. If I wanted to experience such a playstyle I'd go play a FPS and not an MMO.

Aye pressure needs love.

Free Procs regardless of what that do need to be coded out of PvP.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pariah would still be a problem. Players need to be punished for making a mistake. Sets that make you stronger for getting beat up reward lazy play.

I assume you feel the same way about Vampire's Undeath, and of course most of these Red Champion slottables?

What about Templar's Mending and Necromancer's Near-Death Experience passives?

I think we would find an undesirable loss of gameplay complexity if we were to decide that all sort of auto-defense procs were inappropriate.

I've made the same comparison in the past between a Flame Glyph and Zaan's - of course Zaan's does an outrageous amount of damage compared to a Flame Glyph, but otherwise, the idea that "unscaled damage that occurs off a light attack is imbalanced" doesn't hold up when nobody has an issue with Flame Glyphs - they're just not that strong. It's something else about Zaan's - its numerical strength. So when you compare Pariah to Fortified, that is reasonable, but when you say "Sets that make you stronger for getting beat up reward lazy play", this logic could be extended to almost any similar HP-triggered proc.

I did say that you should have to give up something. Templars passives requires the activation of skills. Undeath comes will skill cost increases.
    ... Pariah's bonus should require you to give something - at the very least, effort.

Edited by StarOfElyon on April 2, 2021 6:36PM
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the "FPS Meta" over the "Proc Meta" anyday of the week.

Players actually die now. WHAT!

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did say that you should have to give up something. Templars passives requires the activation of skills. Undeath comes will skill cost increases.

Yeah I guess so, I think this concept of "free" is a little loose, and this statement "Sets that make you stronger for getting beat up reward lazy play" is something only a Thief would say. To a Warrior the idea that we're willingly sitting there taking damage isn't something we think of as laziness. Which is fine, this is something about which a Thief and Warrior will naturally disagree. I think I've seen you with a bow on DK haven't I? :smile:

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 2, 2021 6:56PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I guess so, I think this concept of "free" is a little loose, and this statement "Sets that make you stronger for getting beat up reward lazy play" is something only a Thief would say. To a Warrior the mindidea that we're willingly sitting there taking damage isn't something we think of as laziness. Which is fine, this is something about which a Thief and Warrior will naturally disagree. I think I've seen you with a bow on DK haven't I? :smile:

What I mean by "lazy" is people who would rather take a hit than bash, block, or dodge roll. They don't mind taking hits because their sets reward them for taking damage, instead of letting them face the consequences of not using the mechanics of the game. I want less sets that save the player while they give up nothing.

I don't have a bow DK but I do have a Redgaurd hybrid DK (dual wield/inferno staff).
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I mean by "lazy" is people who would rather take a hit than bash, block, or dodge roll. They don't mind taking hits because their sets reward them for taking damage, instead of letting them face the consequences of not using the mechanics of the game. I want less sets that save the player while they give up nothing.

I don't have a bow DK but I do have a Redgaurd hybrid DK (dual wield/inferno staff).

Yeah ok, I remember playing with you on some sort of ranged StamDK. What sets are you wearing on this build though, surely some not on the list of 19 Cyrodiil sets? Blocking and dodge-rolling don't mitigate all damage, they mitigate nothing whatsoever from DoTs that don't have a Direct Damage opener. The least lazy player is still going to have their health bar decrease in combat.

Green Dragon Blood also scales up with missing health, so if you don't think that skill is imbalanced, am I wrong to think you take issue with the auto-proc component of Pariah more than the fact that it's a defensive element which scales up with missing health?

It appears across the countless threads bemoaning proc sets, the posters really only take issue with these auto-proc components, more than whatever the thing is that results from the auto-proc.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love this noproc PvP. Once again it's all about you and your skills not about brainless procsets. Ofc it would be cool to have stat oriented proc sets like Bright Throat, Bone Pirate and others but no more free damage/healing for the love of balance.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah ok, I remember playing with you on some sort of ranged StamDK. What sets are you wearing on this build though, surely some not on the list of 19 Cyrodiil sets? Blocking and dodge-rolling don't mitigate all damage, they mitigate nothing whatsoever from DoTs that don't have a Direct Damage opener. The least lazy player is still going to have their health bar decrease in combat.

Green Dragon Blood also scales up with missing health, so if you don't think that skill is imbalanced, am I wrong to think you take issue with the auto-proc component of Pariah more than the fact that it's a defensive element which scales up with missing health?

It appears across the countless threads bemoaning proc sets, the posters really only take issue with these auto-proc components, more than whatever the thing is that results from the auto-proc.

In Cyrodiil, my DK wears 5 Shacklebreaker, 4 New Moon Acolyte, 1 Chudan, 1 Balorgh, and 1 Trainee.

I use coagulating blood but I don't see it as something much of a problem because you have to spend resources to use it and DK skills are expensive (too expensive).

I could compare Pariah to Eternal Vigor or Ancient Dragongaurd too. Both of those sets have defensive procs.

I think what balances AD out better than EV and Pariah is that its bonuses are not far beyond the standard values of a 5-piece bonus (which is about 2.3 times the value of one line of a set piece bonus.

Ancient Dragongaurd:
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (5 items) Adds 300 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage while your Health is above 50%. Adds 3460 Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance while your Health is 50% or less.

Fortified Brass:
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (5 items) Adds 3460 Armor

Pariah should not offer more than 3460 armor as a 5-piece bonus without requiring you to give up something or actually do something. Like if it gave you armor based on ultimate spent, then I could understand why it gives so much.

Eternal Vigor needs to be brought in line too.

Eternal Vigor:
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 1407 Maximum Health, Adds 337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 1011 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

Not only does it give a line of health but it also gives other bonuses beyond the standard. Keeping in mind that sustain bonuses are typically pretty stacked, at most, the set should give you:

(5 items) Adds 1407 Maximum Health, Adds 300 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 300 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

And to remove the proc condition, I would adjust the set this way:

(5 items) Adds 1407 Maximum Health, Adds 167 Magicka Recovery, Adds 167 Stamina Recovery, Adds 167 Health Recovery

While I'm at it, Amber Plasm should get buffed to be on par with Eternal Vigor.

Amber Plasm:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 657 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 276 Magicka Recovery, Adds 276 Stamina Recovery, Adds 276 Health Recovery

Increase those values to: Adds 300 Magicka Recovery, Adds 300 Stamina Recovery, Adds 300 Health Recovery.

The pattern to me has been pretty clear, with every update, ZOS introduces sets that blow their standards out of the water - often with proc conditions that require minimal effort from the players. It's to entice players to buy the updates. But this is building a game on shifting sand and it will collapse if it continues that way.

Edited by StarOfElyon on April 3, 2021 4:43PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes MagDK skills are outrageously expensive, and I agree NMA 2-4 are great options for any DK in No Procrodiil for their hybrid nature, since all DKs use at least 1 skill which scales off Spell Damage.

Anyhow, probably all sound conclusions there regarding numerical balances. A bit low on the HP Regen values for my liking naturally, but keep in mind integer sources of HP Regen were buffed tremendously, because for years many players tended to overlook its usefulness in PvP. So now everybody understands that HP Regen is, and always was, a strong stat in PvP. They were also likely buffed to be on better footing with HoTs after their large buff in 2019.

I think a useful tool for problem solving is you know, deconstruction of the problem, or whatever. I think it's important to identify the particular cause of the problem rather than just destroy anything that had any association with this cause. Flat out, Dragonblood scales up with missing health, so does Pariah. You identified this scaling up with missing health as what was wrong with Pariah, but as we discuss similar tools, this aspect of Pariah isn't the problem in itself. This health-scaling issue you have with Pariah is rather only part of a problem in combination with its auto-proc condition and its numerical imbalance against other source of resistances. Principally, your issue is the numerical imbalance.

Does that sound fair? This might all seem pedantic and needlessly specific, but I think it's important to discuss this sort of view of game mechanic balance because we just came off an era where auto-damage-procs were outperforming everything - principally on account of their numerical imbalance - right into an era where only 19 out of 500 or whatever sets were useable. I believe if we're going to discuss the ways to find a middle ground which satisfies everybody the most, we should be specific and precise with our discussions. I'll happily wear whatever. I have no moral bias against proc sets, I have no need for them to remain competitive, whatever is good with me, but yes I do enjoy having crab legs pop out of my head, and I don't care if others really love a bear that pops out of theirs.

I keep making these sorts of arguments despite the overwhelming disinterest or disapproval of the subject matter, so believe me that I'm not just speaking out of selfish motivation, it's doing me no favors. These broad accusations made in many threads that people who argue against the removal of all proc sets from this game are only doing so out of selfish motivation to remain competitive despite their lack of skill are outrageously contemptuous and their derision disastrous for the conduct of any meaningful discussion.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 3, 2021 6:11PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes MagDK skills are outrageously expensive, and I agree NMA 2-4 are great options for any DK in No Procrodiil for their hybrid nature, since all DKs use at least 1 skill which scales off Spell Damage.

Anyhow, probably all sound conclusions there regarding numerical balances. A bit low on the HP Regen values for my liking naturally, but keep in mind integer sources of HP Regen were buffed tremendously, because for years many players tended to overlook its usefulness in PvP. So now everybody understands that HP Regen is, and always was, a strong stat in PvP. They were also likely buffed to be on better footing with HoTs after their large buff in 2019.

I think a useful tool for problem solving is you know, deconstruction of the problem, or whatever. I think it's important to identify the particular cause of the problem rather than just destroy anything that had any association with this cause. Flat out, Dragonblood scales up with missing health, so does Pariah. You identified this scaling up with missing health as what was wrong with Pariah, but as we discuss similar tools, this aspect of Pariah isn't the problem in itself. This health-scaling issue you have with Pariah is rather only part of a problem in combination with its auto-proc condition and its numerical imbalance against other source of resistances. Principally, your issue is the numerical imbalance.

Does that sound fair? This might all seem pedantic and needlessly specific, but I think it's important to discuss this sort of view of game mechanic balance because we just came off an era where auto-damage-procs were outperforming everything - principally on account of their numerical imbalance - right into an era where only 19 out of 500 or whatever sets were useable. I believe if we're going to discuss the ways to find a middle ground which satisfies everybody the most, we should be specific and precise with our discussions. I'll happily wear whatever. I have no moral bias against proc sets, I have no need for them to remain competitive, whatever is good with me, but yes I do enjoy having crab legs pop out of my head, and I don't care if others really love a bear that pops out of theirs.

I keep making these sorts of arguments despite the overwhelming disinterest or disapproval of the subject matter, so believe me that I'm not just speaking out of selfish motivation, it's doing me no favors. These broad accusations made in many threads that people who argue against the removal of all proc sets from this game are only doing so out of selfish motivation to remain competitive despite their lack of skill are outrageously contemptuous and their derision disastrous for the conduct of any meaningful discussion.

Yeah, health scaling is an issue. It hasn't done much for me though because none of my characters (except my Templar tank) crack 30k health, but it's still an issue.

300 HP regen might seem low but EV already gives 129 HP regen plus 1407 health on top of all those other regens.

It's still a total of 429 health, magicka, and stamina regen. And that's not counting the additional health regen that heavy armor gives.

And I don't really care that people enjoy proc sets, I just want balance. I want stat sets to be balanced too.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, health scaling is an issue. It hasn't done much for me though because none of my characters (except my Templar tank) crack 30k health, but it's still an issue.

300 HP regen might seem low but EV already gives 129 HP regen plus 1407 health on top of all those other regens.

It's still a total of 429 health, magicka, and stamina regen. And that's not counting the additional health regen that heavy armor gives.

And I don't really care that people enjoy proc sets, I just want balance. I want stat sets to be balanced too.

Yes, within the context of gear sets being balanced against each other, No Procrodiil is the most wildly imbalanced meta we've ever experienced, as something like 90% of sets have a 5 piece which does nothing. So some of us find that arguments in favor of maintaining this paradigm in perpetuity have little interest in "balance".

That being said I do very much enjoy the flow of combat right now in Cyro, but I suspect it's due to the buffed baseline stats and new Champion system much more than the removal of all proc sets.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    In BG with all the sets available yes in is one if the best metas.

In Sorcodiil 3 months test it is an absolute *** show and worst meta, balance and gameplay ever and I avoid it like plague!

We definitely have a different concept of fun.
    BGs prime time? Oh the fun of being nearly blinded by the Zaan and Vates beams whilst a jolly group of high health - high damage wardens discuss the concept of immortality with some werewolves.
    In the meantime a merciless charge noob will apply 50 dots with one click!!!

Sarcasm aside...BGs are in a sorry state in my opinion. Cyro may well be a magsorc realm but at least you can take any class on and fights are more based on skills
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they will remove procs all together, but code out monster sets, arena sets and give PvP flat stat equivalency.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

In Sorcodiil 3 months test it is an absolute *** show and worst meta, balance and gameplay ever and I avoid it like plague!

BGs prime time? Oh the fun of being nearly blinded by the Zaan and Vates beams whilst a jolly group of high health - high damage wardens discuss the concept of immortality with some werewolves.

Sarcasm aside...BGs are in a sorry state in my opinion. Cyro may well be a magsorc realm but at least you can take any class on and fights are more based on skills

Sure all true about your first paragraph, but which patch did you think was better? My memory might be faulty, but Elsweyr was the only patch I remember were some incredibly overpowered thing or another wasn't hogging up the score boards, and in my view there was nothing immensely skillful about playing a bugged-to-invincibility PetSorc or spamming Spin 2 Win with infused Oblivion Torug's, or whatever it was. I think BGs are in their most enjoyable state since Elsweyr, I think, maybe I'm forgetting something. Granted I'm on console, so things may manifest which haven't yet.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 3, 2021 7:43PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure all true about your first paragraph, but which patch did you think was better? My memory might be faulty, but Elsweyr was the only patch I remember were some incredibly overpowered thing or another wasn't hogging up the score boards, and in my view there was nothing immensely skillful about playing a bugged-to-invincibility PetSorc or spamming Spin 2 Win with infused Oblivion Torug's, or whatever it was. I think BGs are in their most enjoyable state since Elsweyr, I think, maybe I'm forgetting something. Granted I'm on I console, so things may manifest which haven't yet.

I fully respect your point of view but I have to disagree: the ongoing proc meta remains the worst meta in my opinion.
    Zero skills and some classes (ie wardens) have benefited way too much from the current meta.
    Some of the previous patches were also unbalanced but not as much and at least there wasn’t such a huge imbalance between classes....compare a DK and a stamden now!!

Edited by Rhaegar75 on April 3, 2021 7:59PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure all true about your first paragraph, but which patch did you think was better? My memory might be faulty, but Elsweyr was the only patch I remember were some incredibly overpowered thing or another wasn't hogging up the score boards, and in my view there was nothing immensely skillful about playing a bugged-to-invincibility PetSorc or spamming Spin 2 Win with infused Oblivion Torug's, or whatever it was. I think BGs are in their most enjoyable state since Elsweyr, I think, maybe I'm forgetting something. Granted I'm on I console, so things may manifest which haven't yet.

I fully respect your point of view but I have to disagree: the ongoing proc meta remains the worst meta in my opinion.
    Zero skills and some classes (ie wardens) have benefited way too much from the current meta.
    Some of the previous patches were also unbalanced but not as much and at least there wasn’t such a huge imbalance between classes....compare a DK and a stamden now!!

Wardens are definitely strong, but the best ones I see aren't using procs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be right, I agree pre-Elsweyr in the absence of one of the various broken builds of the time that combat was much more skillful than it's ever been post-Greymoor. It was an intense and challenging environment, until one or more of the broken builds showed up.

Well there is where I could be wrong about everything in any of my posts - all of my views are heavily skewed by the fact that I'm a D Swinging and Brawler-spamming DK, and that's really it. In my view our relative strength only got better and better since the change to the cast time on D Swing and the buff to Brawler's damage and shield, and obviously we've massively benefited from the inclusion of Malacath.

If DK was the best 2h Spammer was less of a consideration for me than if 2h Spammers were any good to begin with, so my sense of class balance over the years in BGs is questionable.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On that I agree but it says more about the quality of the player than the class/gear. True good players are a tiny fraction of the general population

You might be right, I agree pre-Elsweyr in the absence of one of the various broken builds of the time that combat was much more skillful than it's ever been post-Greymoor. It was an intense and challenging environment, until one or more of the broken builds showed up.

Well there is where I could be wrong about everything in any of my posts - all of my views are heavily skewed by the fact that I'm a D Swinging and Brawler-spamming DK, and that's really it. In my view our relative strength only got better and better since the change to the cast time on D Swing and the buff to Brawler's damage and shield, and obviously we've massively benefited from the inclusion of Malacath.

If DK was the best 2h Spammer was less of a consideration for me than if 2h Spammers were any good to begin with, so my sense of class balance over the years in BGs is questionable.

I respect that and it shows you know your class and play it well. The difference is that I can block your Dizzy and I have at least a chance to counter play....... but there’s little I can do when proc damage is raining on me just because someone fired a single skill
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on April 3, 2021 9:19PM
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] Maybe the incentive should have been test the servers capabilities before selling it to people as i am sure although you may not like procs or certain sets many do that is what the game was initially design as a mix it up be what you want to be sort of game not a "look it up to see what everybody id using game"(sheep sort of). [snip] The game does run better apart from the lagg when ball groups are there or the negates that attach themselves to you at a very impromptu time i mean the 00000000days negs and the stam 0 that forces a relog and hopefully short wait to get in cyro.Yip apart from that ooo and the line of sight issues which my shy little toon cant get around yip apart fro mem its all hunky.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments and Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 4, 2021 1:46PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    [snip] Maybe the incentive should have been test the servers capabilities before selling it to people as i am sure although you may not like procs or certain sets many do that is what the game was initially design as a mix it up be what you want to be sort of game not a "look it up to see what everybody id using game"(sheep sort of). [snip] The game does run better apart from the lagg when ball groups are there or the negates that attach themselves to you at a very impromptu time i mean the 00000000days negs and the stam 0 that forces a relog and hopefully short wait to get in cyro.Yip apart from that ooo and the line of sight issues which my shy little toon cant get around yip apart fro mem its all hunky.

It was/is a good thing. It doesn't have to have anything to do with performance. The combat is just plain better without proc sets as they currently exist.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 4, 2021 1:46PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean laggmeta? as per usual... pff

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Patch would be better with heavy stamina class nerfs and targeted ball group nerfs. People dodge rolling (or mag sorcs case ball of lightning) 5 times in a row then having resources to turn around one shot someone then the sustain to repeat is getting very old. The ability to just constantly have resources for immensely powerful things like dodge roll and break free and block is just ridiculous. If I get hit by someone out of stealth on a mag toon (who isn't sorc) I'm dead because I don't have 30k+ stam to dodge roll and block to stabilize my health bar nor do I have massive amounts of movement speed to kite them. I just want to play my magblade and pick people off when the enemy is trying to siege, but it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack because if it's any stam class they'll just vigor and dodge roll 2-3 times and if it's a mag sorc they'll throw on 2 shields and use ball of lightning.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just allow 1 DMG proc set per build. Problem solved.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Yes monster sets only
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On that I agree but it says more about the quality of the player than the class/gear. True good players are a tiny fraction of the general population

I respect that and it shows you know your class and play it well. The difference is that I can block your Dizzy and I have at least a chance to counter play....... but there’s little I can do when proc damage is raining on me just because someone fired a single skill

And that is the part no one else seems to really be understanding. There is no hard counter to procs. They just fire...and that's it, either dodge them (softcounter) or take the damage and try to out heal them (another soft counter). But there is no hard counter, and there should be. There should be a way to stop another player from having ZOS play the game for them, even if I have to build for it...just give us items we can add to our builds and it would be fine. A potion, poison, anything that can directly counter procs.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Just prune the game of most of the sets and make it Elder Scrolls of Flat Stats Online
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah all these tank ball groups wiping groups twice their size is so much fun. 🙄
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr