The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shiny costumes

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I just purchased the Day of Release Roisterer costume, and boy I'm disappointed.

It's not the design of the costume, that I like. The issues are twofold, and NOT restricted to just this costume. It's something that has been a problem with MANY costumes I've purchased in the past.

First, as the title says, it's nearly impossible to match the costume's elements, because they're always shiny, like they're made of tinfoil. I also have the Flannel Forester's hood, but I can't match the colours of the costume to the hood, because the hood's colour is matte, and the costume's is shiny. It happens a LOT, and it's really frustrating.

The other issue is that the colours are inconsistent. For example, if I colour the hood with Khenarthi Red, and then colour the costume with the "same" colour, they don't match. The costume's version of Khenarthi red is washed out and ugly, and doesn't in any way resemble the colour on the hood. Again, this is a problem with MANY of the costumes.

Can we get this fixed? I mean, I'm really tempted to request a refund on this costume purchase.
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, quick update.

I did request a refund from customer service, and they quickly and efficiently granted my request. They made no issues and I was extremely pleased with the service, as usual.

I've had only a few interactions with customer service, and without exception, they have been very quick, efficient, polite and professional.

So, my thanks to them.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That has been frustrating me greatly with costumes lately. They are often shiny by default and some doesn't even turn matte with matte dyes, though most do which is good.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's too many differences in the dye channels amongst Costumes and even Motifs.

Hell, even the Refabricated motif uses different dye color tones between the Heavy armor pieces and the other weights. It's bizarre.

The dye system coloration needs to be standardized, badly.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on March 27, 2021 5:49PM