The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Necro - Venomous skull or rapid strikes

jaymonatcb14_ESO
Is there still a reason to use rapid strikes over venomous skull? I was told that rapid strikes doesn't have multiple chances to proc monster sets anymore?
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Strikes is a dot and stamcro has 15% bonus damage to dots so that's a reason. That said, I believe Vate DW is BiS for stamcro for which Throwing Dagger becomes a spammable.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    Rapid Strikes is a dot and stamcro has 15% bonus damage to dots so that's a reason. That said, I believe Vate DW is BiS for stamcro for which Throwing Dagger becomes a spammable.

Wrong. Rapid strikes is a channeled ability and is NOT boosted by necro DoT passives
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »

It isn't DoT.
    Is there still a reason to use rapid strikes over venomous skull? I was told that rapid strikes doesn't have multiple chances to proc monster sets anymore?

More damage.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the situation.

Venom Skull - weaker but ranged.
    Rapid Strikes - stronger but melee.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid can crit on each strike, so If you use Briarheart like me, Rapid Strikes is better skill.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    Rapid can crit on each strike, so If you use Briarheart like me, Rapid Strikes is better skill.

Not sure if this makes it overall better though, someone would have to calculate it with the the damage numbers for each Rapid Strike tick + crit chance and the damage of one Venomous Skull + crit chance.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 26, 2021 12:52PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Scardan wrote: »

Not sure if this makes it overall better though, someone would have to calculate it with the the damage numbers for each Rapid Strike tick + crit chance and the damage of one Venomous Skull + crit chance.

Rapid Strikes = 5 strikes in 0.8 seconds. This are 5 crits in exe range if you want. Less before, but plenty if you build a crit monster. In 0.8 seconds.
    Skull - 1 attack with less damage per second with 20% more damage on third or second, after you renew your necro dots and skeletal archer which will go towards the count. This is one crit per second in exe range with less damage number because of less base skill damage of the skull - it is ranged.

More attacks per second = higher damage per second because of crit chance. Rapid has more damage in general, because it is melee skill. High crit makes it better.

I mention Briarheart, because Rapid Strikes heal me through set heals, it was less heals when I run two handed with wrecking blow as spamable. Which kinda seems to deal more damage than Rapid, by the way.