The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[NA, PC] Did you switch from queuing Solo Random BGs to the Random BGs (where premades are allowed)?

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
So over the weekend I noticed that the Solo Random Battleground queue was popping reallllly slowly, like up to an hour to pop.

I thought at first that it was a bug, so I queued for the "normal" Random Battleground queue (where premades are allowed), and the queue popped within a few minutes. Since that time I've been sticking with the normal queue, because it pops faster.

I asked around and at least one other avid BG player also switched to the normal queue as well.

I noticed that a lot of the players in the normal queue are solo queuing or only queuing with a partial premade, because in consecutive matches people on the teams were switched up quite a bit.

Anyone else seeing any of this?
PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've noticed the same.

Haven't been playing BGs much recently with No-Proc cyro being available, but when I do queue I find the solo queue takes a while longer than Normal.

I was 50 minutes before I gave up on Solo..
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo Random BG queue just popped for me under 3 mins.

The MMR on Solo Random BG seems to be better than "normal" Random BG - get more balanced matches.
    Edited by taugrim on March 28, 2021 6:08AM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    The MMR on Solo Random BG seems to be better than "normal" Random BG - get more balanced matches.

I was talking to an avid, skilled PVP player (Thorin Oakenblunts), and he said at the high end of MMR that Solo Random BG offers more balanced matches in terms of player skill.

That's been my impression too.

Solo Random BG queue is popping in several minutes tonight :)
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    So over the weekend I noticed that the Solo Random Battleground queue was popping reallllly slowly, like up to an hour to pop.

I thought at first that it was a bug, so I queued for the "normal" Random Battleground queue (where premades are allowed), and the queue popped within a few minutes. Since that time I've been sticking with the normal queue, because it pops faster.

I asked around and at least one other avid BG player also switched to the normal queue as well.

I noticed that a lot of the players in the normal queue are solo queuing or only queuing with a partial premade, because in consecutive matches people on the teams were switched up quite a bit.

Anyone else seeing any of this?

I would imagine that this is because a lot of people probably don't even know that there are two different queues, and the "default" queue is the one where premades are allowed. I have a feeling a lot of people are unwittingly queueing into the premade queue for their dailies or for a few random BGs, thus artificially inflating the numbers of the premade BGs. Hell, even if you do know about it, if you aren't thinking you might queue solo into the premade queue. (I know I've done this myself on several occasions before realizing it.)

Personally, I think solo queue should be the default — since it's impossible to queue as a group in the solo queue, no premades would run into the issue of being in the "wrong BG."
    Edited by Langeston on March 31, 2021 7:47PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When level 50, I always choose the solo queue if I’m queuing by myself. I had some good close matches last night, not all, but at least one was close between all three teams until the very end. :smiley:
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    I que for both.
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

Really can't tell the difference anyway.