The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is a good choice for dual wield daggers?

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
So....I am looking at Alcast's guide on stamblades, and I see the Relequen/Kinras/Vateshran Dagger build, but until (or if) I snag one of those daggers, what would be a good two dagger set to use in the mean time (and I DO understand the proc, via flanking and subsequent increased dps using the Vat daggers in combo with shrouded daggers).
Thoughts, suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sort of depends on what you have to pair it with. If looking for an easy option, don't over think it and craft something like hundings.

Relequen is really Meta DPS for anything single target, but generally speaking, you want it on the body (unless you have on both weapons, which is not really ideal due to wanting to back bar an arena weapon). After that, people tend to stack crit or perhaps something specific for your class (stamina templars for example get a huge benefit out of Deadly Strike), are the use specific arena weapons to benefit a certain skill. Because most of the sets require a grind, and weapon grinds are the worst, nothing wrong with a crafted set like hundings in the meantime.

Max DPS on most stamina classes right now revolves around front barring and back barring two different arena sets. If you dont want to go that route, something like Hundings and Rele will work just fine. Most of my stamina toons are in Hundings/Vicious Ophidian. Not max DPS, but great for quickly doing randoms or pledges.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    I have my vMA bow back-barred, so it's really the front bar. Currently my build is rele, selene's and Beserking (jewelry and daggers).
    But I know builds change over time as sets and/or skill and stats get nerfed, etc.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    Thanks!
    I have my vMA bow back-barred, so it's really the front bar. Currently my build is rele, selene's and Beserking (jewelry and daggers).
    But I know builds change over time as sets and/or skill and stats get nerfed, etc.

You are just fine in what you are wearing. To pull more DPS, you probably would need to go to some sort of DW/DW setup, and use the various arena DW weapons on each bar. Whether that is worth it or not is a judgement call. Selenes is not as strong as it once was. You might do better with a 2 mismatched crit pieces, and you may want to adjust traits on your weapons, but that's about it. A lot of people used to run Sharp on one of their DW weapons, but most of gone to precise/Nirnhoned I believe (at least for nightblade), but don't hold me to that.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    Thanks!

You are just fine in what you are wearing. To pull more DPS, you probably would need to go to some sort of DW/DW setup, and use the various arena DW weapons on each bar. Whether that is worth it or not is a judgement call. Selenes is not as strong as it once was. You might do better with a 2 mismatched crit pieces, and you may want to adjust traits on your weapons, but that's about it. A lot of people used to run Sharp on one of their DW weapons, but most of gone to precise/Nirnhoned I believe (at least for nightblade), but don't hold me to that.

Thanks for the advice; I am already implementing some of that. I now have separate head/shoulder pieces for the crit assists, instead of a monster set, and I changed my weapon traits to precise (gives more crit). Otherwise, I think I'll keep my set-up as it is.