The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PC slow when ESO is minimized

dorrak_ESO
dorrak_ESO
✭✭
When I tab out of ESO I can't watch any videos and even browsing the web feels sluggish.

It was never like this in the past so not sure what is going on. Anyone else experience this issue?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 5800x
GPU: Nvidia 1080
Ram: 32gb 3600mhz
MB: Asus Strix B550
PSU: Corsair 1000w
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on March 22, 2021 5:27PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Today's patch kinda made game thinks it owns every resource of PC
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • dorrak_ESO
    dorrak_ESO
    ✭✭
    Task manage shows it is only using 15% though... So not sure why or how it is causing this. Really annoying having to close the entire game out any time I need to do something else.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The following help article goes into troubleshooting steps for performance issues when running ESO.

What can I do if I am having performance or framerate issues while playing ESO on PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, this is a bug with ESO! Since the most recent patch (6.3.6).

Alt-tabbing makes my GPU shoot up in temperature. +20 degrees.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 24, 2021 7:43AM
  • kentribal
    kentribal
    Soul Shriven
    I notice yesterady also i watch a video for antiquiery and its freeze and alt tab is very slow like i have pentium 3 and 64mb ram
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still happens even when you cap framrate on background apps. I have no idea how ESO can overwrite that and take so much resource, must be CPU its throttling when you minimize it.

Odd since it doesn't happen when you're actually in the game. Nice logic -_- . WoW had same issue a couple years ago then they completely removed the option to go full screen. Wtf is the deal with full screen in games nowadays??

Running in maxed windowed does fix it, so at least there's that.

[Snip]

[Edited for rude/insulting commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 1, 2021 2:36PM