The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Most of people ignore world boss, but Why?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
I saw few of undaunted players try to challenge world boss on the field.
But most of players ignore world boss, even CP over 800 player pass through the WB.

Why? Because the reward is too much ***?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which WB? Also why would I attack it if I'm going somewhere, doing something else. I'm nearly 1000CP and yeah I habitually ignore WBs and every other monster unless it takes less time to go through them than around them as fighting them for the sake of it is rarely something I'm interested in.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm...
    - doing an event
    - doing that world boss' daily
    - looking for that zone's gear
    - needing that boss' achievement
    - answering someone's call for a helping hand at the boss
    - bored and with literally nothing better to do

Then I'll tackle a world boss. Otherwise, I'd just run a dungeon for the same boss fight experience and better rewards.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.... Maybe they already got the achievement for killing that boss and already got all gear that drops in that zone in their collections ? And if it is a DLC zone, with quests for killing bosses, they may also have all Motif Pages collected, so they are not doing those quests.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well most players won't kill every WB hundreds of times only because they passing through :) If go fishing or collectin treasure maps, you don't bother for every mob, boss or herb in your way. There is too much content in this game to make everything possibile all the time :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • alexlalas
    alexlalas
    ✭✭
    open world bosses are worthless. rewards are ridiculously basic. it does not even serve as a fight challenge since you cant solo it (there is always someone to help when you dont need / want it). So yeah we'll keep ignoring them.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love WBs that I can solo, which are most original alliance zone WBs. I find them great fun and never pass them by. As with all things in ESO, I don't care a skeever's behind about rewards - to me it is all about and only about whether it is fun or not.

DLC WBs, on the other hand, I ignore - because I cannot solo them and am not going to spend my time trying to put together a group when I prefer soloing.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexlalas wrote: »
    open world bosses are worthless. rewards are ridiculously basic. it does not even serve as a fight challenge since you cant solo it (there is always someone to help when you dont need / want it). So yeah we'll keep ignoring them.

I thought same thing. Despite of super hard combat, there're no "gold" quality set equipment reward.
    Fighting WB is a just self satisfaction, not effective farming.

ZOS should make really good reward for the hard WB like DLC area,
    otherwise it'll become just decoration of environment asset like the "tree".

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    Which WB? Also why would I attack it if I'm going somewhere, doing something else. I'm nearly 1000CP and yeah I habitually ignore WBs and every other monster unless it takes less time to go through them than around them as fighting them for the sake of it is rarely something I'm interested in.

SummerSet island WB.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can survive enough long time because of my DK skill and tank build.
    But just survive, I can't beat WB by my poor damage amount. Sorcerer
    have reliable cannon, but they're not bearable to absorb 2~3 punch of
    big WB. If ZOS make more reasonable reward of WB, then people will
    have more motivation for the grouping.

2023/12/21
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought same thing. Despite of super hard combat, there're no "gold" quality set equipment reward.
    Fighting WB is a just self satisfaction, not effective farming.

ZOS should make really good reward for the hard WB like DLC area,
    otherwise it'll become just decoration of environment asset like the "tree".

The DLC bosses typically have their own daily, which gives a decent chance at a motif from the zone and make it easier to gather a group to take them on by sharing the daily qiest in zone chat. It's not gold quality gear, obviously, but that would be pretty ludicrous for the "effort" - during events, players simply mob the world bosses en masse and spam attack them to death.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why fight a WB when i can loot a dozen treasure chests in the same time.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually say people can buy set equipment at the "guild shop".
    People can get green or blue, even purple gear at there reasonable price
    without big effort...

And, I'm also selling my hunting game at the guild shop.

This is the biggest reason, Why people ignore WB.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

That's right!!

2023/12/21
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    The DLC bosses typically have their own daily, which gives a decent chance at a motif from the zone
    Not enough to outweigh the times you get a single blue quality non-set item from a Wrothgar WB daily, for example.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Only World Boss that I have recently camped -- briefly -- is for the lead to Ring of the Wild Hunt.

Aside from looking for specific Antiquities leads I no longer have much interest in World Bosses. Some are useful for certain Dailes like in Alinor or Solitude.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of them are boring, long combat and usually a win (if... ;) ) for attrition. Also, drops are close to negligible.

I do WB only if I stumble on their nests and someone is trying them and needs help (my main is close to 1000CP and has soloed the vast majority of WB, among the few exceptions are that pesky guar in Deshaan and the DK in Stonefalls, but give me time...)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I really do world bosses now are if they are for a quest or event or if I am farming a set piece in that zone. If it isn't any of those things, I really have no need to kill the world boss for the x time.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I finally soloed the Unfinished Dolmen the other day. Biggest problem was finding a time with no one else there.
    Mojmir wrote: »
    This too. There seems to be a far better drop chance for valuable weapons from chests. Valuable when we first got the collections system anyway.

There are daily quests, but when you have multiple fully-levelled characters, crafting writs keep you busy enough. I watched a gold-making video from someone who does daily boss quests. If you get a valuable motif or weapon or something, then you have to price it up right and it will likely sit in the store for a while. I find selling gold materials quicker, more straightforward and extremely lucrative right now.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB