Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback/request regarding exp scrolls in crown crates

Narthalion
Narthalion
✭✭✭
I don't usually go in for crown crates because my luck is horrible, but I gave it a go with the new Ayleid crates. Out of 15 crates I got 1 legendary. Guess what it was? Grand Gold Coast Exp Scroll.

I have 23 of these scrolls in my bank already. ZOS doles them out like candy via the Daily Rewards. There's nothing legendary about them anymore.

I get it, I gambled and lost. My feedback though - realizing nobody cares, but here it is anyway - is this: please, either increase the gem conversion, or move the experience scrolls lower in the reward tiers. The game has evolved since these were first assigned their value relative to other rewards, and they no longer fit in their position.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Forum trolls, flame away.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can convert them to a nice amount of gems at least. If they were lower on the loot table, you would get more but be able to exchange each for less. Or am I missing something?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like getting the scrolls as crate rewards, since 33 gems per 150% scroll is a great conversion, much better than getting some legendary reward that I didn't want and is just collections clutter. At least then I can use those gems to buy things I do want without gambling.

I have walked away from crates a lot though. I did go in before, but I'm tired of this 'chance to get!' mechanic and there's usually only two or three things I want in a crate if that.

I wish they would start focusing on bringing in more things outside of crates... particularly things we're all begging for on the forums (like hairstyles!)
  • Narthalion
    Narthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the rarity of getting a Legendary from a crate, 33 gems seems like a poor exchange to me. Can't even buy an Epic item with that, much less a Legendary you actually wanted.

The conversion rate requires you to buy yet more crates. I would prefer at least to be able to pick an Epic as a "consolation prize" for whiffing on a Legendary roll.

Edit: or to put it another way, consider that no one in their right mind would ever actually USE one of those scrolls from a crate. The value of the gems completely eclipses the value of the item. They might as well make that reward slot "33 Gems!" instead of the scroll. And again, at least if it was "you win 40 gems!" you could pick up an Epic and walk away feeling like you didn't just flush a bunch of crowns for nothing. Sigh.
    Edited by Narthalion on March 19, 2021 4:18PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narthalion wrote: »
    Considering the rarity of getting a Legendary from a crate, 33 gems seems like a poor exchange to me. Can't even buy an Epic item with that, much less a Legendary you actually wanted.

The conversion rate requires you to buy yet more crates. I would prefer at least to be able to pick an Epic as a "consolation prize" for whiffing on a Legendary roll.

I see that point, but on the other hand, at least you can trade it unlike getting a legendary you didn’t want at all but cannot get anything for because you didn’t have it unlocked, although that’s not an issue if you want all of them. I guess it comes down to how you look at it and what feels worse to you. I hate to be stuck with unlocking stuff in collections that I didn’t want at all so compared to that or some worthless poisons, 33 gems is a nice prize to me.

You’re right too it would certainly feel better if the conversion rate were also sufficient to buy something from the next tier down.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 19, 2021 4:20PM