The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Upgrade the mount’s appearance?

AllNightPlayer
How do I enhance the appearance of my mounts? In the shop, I can see variants of the mount with (more) armour, bandages around the legs, and/or visible bags. But ingame, my Cave Bear still looks “plain” as always.
I read that those “upgrades” are determined by the character’s riding skills, but my character has 60 points in all 3 categories and the mount still looks the same.
What do I miss? What do I have to do?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The different visual effects activate when you get your mount training to a certain point. I believe it's when you get it to 20 -- like when you get your carrying capacity to 20 you see the saddlebags/packs show up on the sides. It might be 30, not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Additionally once these are active you're able to toggle them on/off in the settings.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • AllNightPlayer
    Kartalin wrote: »
    The different visual effects activate when you get your mount training to a certain point. I believe it's when you get it to 20 -- like when you get your carrying capacity to 20 you see the saddlebags/packs show up on the sides. It might be 30, not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Additionally once these are active you're able to toggle them on/off in the settings.
    Well, I’m at 60 already and should meet this criteria. But I still don’t see those extras on my mount. Do I need to additionally toggle them on? And if so, where/how do I do that?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just in the menu settings, you might have to look through it a bit. I would be more specific if I were in game but I'm sitting in my office right now at work. If you still can't find it I or someone else can post a screenshot later.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I’m at 60 already and should meet this criteria. But I still don’t see those extras on my mount. Do I need to additionally toggle them on? And if so, where/how do I do that?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24168/~/how-do-i-change-my-mounts-appearance?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It varies by mount as to what if any additional visuals there will be but I believe that most have them. It’s under Gameplay options and you can individually toggle the speed, stamina (armor) and inventory capacity upgrade visuals on and off.
  • AllNightPlayer

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24168/~/how-do-i-change-my-mounts-appearance?

Many thanks! That did it. I never would have dreamt, that it would hide under these options. I thought, this was about some (permanent) buffs not to be shown in the bar.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]Well, I’m at 60 already and should meet this criteria. But I still don’t see those extras on my mount. Do I need to additionally toggle them on? And if so, where/how do I do that?[/quote]

Options -- Show or Hide (the upgrade).

While you are looking, check every category under Options to personalize the game and to keep you from stealing or killing accidentally with TWO "Prevent" options -- Prevent Attacking Innocents and Prevent Stealing Placed Items. It'll have you some headaches to have these switched on.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"