Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ayleid Crown Crates furniture

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, here's a small showcase of the 3 new furniture that are included in the Ayleid Crown Crates. :smile:

- Ayleid Gate, Large:
Legendary, 100 gems. Traditional furnishing. Is interactable, has a closed and open door version. Is about 1.7x taller than the Ayleid Grate, Tall so it doesn't line up very well with the other Ayleid furnishings already ingame. Wish I could test it in the upcoming Ayleid house and see how it fits into the doorways there, but alas that's not available for purchase yet.
6ueap0kmivjh.png

- Comet, Aetherial:
Legendary, 100 gems. Special furnishing. Smaller than you might think, for a comet :tongue: Significantly smaller than the Nimbus Cloud from the earlier crates, but this one also has pretty animated effects. And it has a faint magical-whooshing-humming sound when you stand close, but it's barely audible so it wouldn't be too intrusive if you don't like it.
v5gnqda0yooj.png

- Ayleid Relief, Blessed Life-Tree:
Epic, 40 gems. Traditional furnishing. Both sides have the same pattern. Turned it slightly to the side so you ca see that it's a bit thick, so bear in mind if you were planning to use it on a thinner wall.
va24e171t84c.png

Hopefully this will give you an idea of sizes and other considerations so you can decide whether you want them or not.
Do you like one in particular? Got any plans to use them in a house? :smile:
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for these previews, helps seeing those frames for context!

Really like the comet, I think we'll see that used in many unexpected creative ways in the future. Gates are quite nice as well, if not a bit big 😅. Some careful placement sinking into the floor/walls if some homes might be able to work nicely though.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Thanks for these previews, helps seeing those frames for context!

Really like the comet, I think we'll see that used in many unexpected creative ways in the future. Gates are quite nice as well, if not a bit big 😅. Some careful placement sinking into the floor/walls if some homes might be able to work nicely though.

Right off the bat yo could make a walkway to them like a path of garden lights except the ones they use in football I don't know the name of lol. I'm so tempted to put the comet under the sand to make it look like a firework now lol. However I used it as a comet in my Shalidor home sky and it looks like it was made for it. I used some in my psijic villa interior and it now looks super mystical and finally I might use a single one with my dwarven exterior but I don't know on that.

Keep up the cool sky particle effects we need a huuuge patch of grey but not raining thunder clouds and a huuuge patch of raining thunder clouds.

We also have the cool energy effect thing from last year but we need the same thing but red for bad guy homes.
    Edited by Aptonoth on March 18, 2021 4:53PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you so much for the info and pictures! :heart: I wish that the gate had been in a lower tier than 100 Gems (or really, a Crown item rather than crate) since it’s something one could well use more than one of, rather than a unique special effect like the Nimbus Cloud from a few seasons back.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 18, 2021 4:59PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I want it all. And more than one of the comet for sure. TY for the pics, getting excited for this house and these furnishings. Been wanting Alyeid for quite a while.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So annoying they keep adding furniture in crates. Even worse, they are almost always in the high tiers and cost a lot of gems.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these should be locked behind Crown Crates, especially not for 100 gems each. The other 100 gem rewards are one-time unlockables, but these all are something players would want multiple of. It's a nice perk for people fishing for a 1-in-400 Radiant Apex drop, but a huge waste to the majority of the playerbase.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Suuuper disappointed they added them in the crates instead of just putting them into the regular crown furnishing store, or, even better, as craftable furnishings with Blackwood. :disappointed:
    Edited by Vinterskald on March 18, 2021 11:09PM
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, things like this aren’t like mounts that you only need to get one, so they definitely shouldn’t require crown gems to purchase.

Regardless, since this is the only way to get them other than buying crates, I want to use my small number of crown gems to get a few of the gates and reliefs, but like you said there is no way to even preview the Ayleid house to see how many you might need!

Why do they make these items available so far in advance?

They would sell more if they made them available at the same time as the house, duh.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FluffyDoom
    FluffyDoom
    ✭✭✭
    I would have loved to use several of the gates in various houses, however I just can't justify more than 1 of each item at the 100 gem price.

Also: @katanagirl1 - I was able to go to the Ayleid house on PC and preview it (unfurnished only) today - I wanted to see where I might use any of the new furnishings. Not sure it' works on PS4, but I just rode up to the north of Knightsgrave in the Gold Coast, across the Brena River on the Hammerfell side of the border, and the icon for a house appeared on my map. Crossed a river and there was the door and I was able to preview the house. Hope this helps!

Pssst also if you haven't checked yet, you can buy the new ayleid chandeliers with the crystals now from the housing editor although they are 730 crowns each.

I am very disappointed by the high pricing of some of the housing items. *sigh*
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, things like this aren’t like mounts that you only need to get one, so they definitely shouldn’t require crown gems to purchase.

Regardless, since this is the only way to get them other than buying crates, I want to use my small number of crown gems to get a few of the gates and reliefs, but like you said there is no way to even preview the Ayleid house to see how many you might need!

Why do they make these items available so far in advance?

They would sell more if they made them available at the same time as the house, duh.

Hopefully the Ayleid property will be released during this crate season! But totally agree about furnishings in crates. I mean, I would rather EVERYTHING be available for direct purchase, one time unlock to get through convoluted means is worse, and then something you want many of — and so expensive relatively! The Celestial Nimbus was 100 gems but at least that was a centerpiece type of thing! These gates absolutely should have been released to the Crown store like the grate/fence pieces. :pensive: Well, this was the first season I bought crates, and happily got some of the trees and bought one gate for gems, just because I’ve been wanting more Ayleid furnishings for so long. I’m sure I would have bought more if they were Crown. :neutral:
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffyDoom wrote: »
    I would have loved to use several of the gates in various houses, however I just can't justify more than 1 of each item at the 100 gem price.

Also: @katanagirl1 - I was able to go to the Ayleid house on PC and preview it (unfurnished only) today - I wanted to see where I might use any of the new furnishings. Not sure it' works on PS4, but I just rode up to the north of Knightsgrave in the Gold Coast, across the Brena River on the Hammerfell side of the border, and the icon for a house appeared on my map. Crossed a river and there was the door and I was able to preview the house. Hope this helps!

Pssst also if you haven't checked yet, you can buy the new ayleid chandeliers with the crystals now from the housing editor although they are 730 crowns each.

I am very disappointed by the high pricing of some of the housing items. *sigh*

OK, I’ll try that. I checked the Crown store and of course it wasn’t listed there. Thanks :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up with five of those huge gates LOL. I wonder how long after launch they're going to put the Alyeid house up for sale?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to go to the Ayleid house on PC and preview it (unfurnished only) today

Out of curiosity, was there an option to see the furnished version?

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I was able to go to the Ayleid house on PC and preview it (unfurnished only) today

Not when it’s not available, no. I tried this in Tel Galen (where is my Tel Galen??!) and there is no furnished preview when the house is unavailable for purchase. From what I’ve heard, the furnished option for the Ayleid property mostly adds Imperial furnishings, oddly enough.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was able to ride up to the house and enter through the front door to preview.

So the Ayleid relief tree looks like it might fit into the two arched areas on stairways in the Ayleid house. I hope, lol. Not sure where to put the gates, though.

I mean, they look really nice, but still I can’t tell how they will fit in a house that is not available...am I going to use crown gems to buy them?

What is that saying about timing is everything? By the time the house is available these crown store items will be gone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the Ayleid house located? I could preview the new house in Morrowind but I fail to see a question mark in Gold Coast?
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Ayleid house located? I could preview the new house in Morrowind but I fail to see a question mark in Gold Coast?

In in the north west, near the river mouth or Knightsgave.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In in the north west, near the river mouth or Knightsgave.

Thank you :) Will need to check it out.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

Not when it’s not available, no. I tried this in Tel Galen (where is my Tel Galen??!) and there is no furnished preview when the house is unavailable for purchase. From what I’ve heard, the furnished option for the Ayleid property mostly adds Imperial furnishings, oddly enough.

Thank you. I'd forgotten about that (unavailable houses can't be previewed furnished).

I "bought" this house on PTS before the last update but didn't pay much attention to the furnishings. Yes, most of the furnishings are either Imperial or Breton (I couldn't tell, because I didn't spend much time in there. I just used it to put down crafting stations so I could play with the new CP).
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those wondering how the Ayleid furniture will fit into the Ayleid house, the answer is not very well. :sweat_smile:

For the Relief, it's surprisingly not designed for those frames that we can see all over the house, because it is larger than them. You can still sink it into the frame of course, it will just look a bit small and more crowded. For size, you can also see below how it measures up to the alcove in the large main room, if you wanted the relief to be on a free wall rather than in those framed sockets. I think I'll prefer a placement that won't cut off the tree awkwardly like the frames, and may have to build a custom wall to show it off best.
    l66l65oja3t3.png

For the Gate, it is either too large or too small, but in all cases it is too short. Most doorways in the house are arches, so you'd have to use some fence of platform to wall off the space above the door, as it clearly won't reach the height of Ayleid architecture. Not sure why we got a rectangular doorframe in an Ayleid style which tends to be taller and archier, but oh well. Below you can see how the door measures up to the interior archways, outside archways, and the main entrance.
    bkesffa31pk4.png
    Also, regarding the Ayleid Bundle (added to the Crown Store as a furnishing pack for 4k Crowns) a noteworthy mention may be the 6 Welkynd Stones, Glowing inlcluded in it (they are also purchasable directly though the editor). By putting the stone into the holders and unlit braziers we can sort of emulate the welkynd lights that we see in delves that I know @katanagirl1 was interested in for example! The stones have an on and off setting, and when turned on they will pulse with a light cycle that goes from dim to bright and vice versa, so they are a nice enchanted light to use in the house.
    zfalbc0ghq08.png
    Oh, and the Aetherial Well utility furnishing, which is a new individual purchase, will allow you to recharge your health, resources and ultimates after using it (it has an animation similar to when you use a Skyshard). However, note that it is a rather small item. So if you were planning on using it as decoration, here is a comparison to some other furniture so you can see its size. Just so you don't expect an epic well or anything. :smiley:
    3rjxjb9zu81m.png

So, hope that was helpful for anybody who's looking to make an informed choice about these items! And hope you all have fun building your dream Ayleid homes!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was completely caught off guard when I saw the house went on sale yersterday!

After dragging their heels on the Markarth house for weeks they turn around and make this available so soon! Well I guess I shouldn’t complain, lol!

I picked up two reliefs and two gates before the house went on sale. I really feel that for a crown gem item that the reliefs should have some (or more, I can’t really see much of anything) of a lighting effect for the tree outline. Otherwise, they should have been included with the house purchase price.

The gates were much smaller than I envisioned. I found a place to put them, but really had wanted to place them on the ledge of the upper floor but that didn’t work.

Am I the only one who has no idea what scale is used for those tiles in the furnishing preview? I keep thinking it’s in feet but no one outside of the US uses those units anymore. Meters seems too large for the tile size. Without a legend showing the scale that screen is not very helpful for gauging how big the item will be.

I guess I will miss out on the Welkynd Stones in the crown pack. This house became available before my sub got renewed so I only got enough crowns to get the house. Thanks for the detailed write-up and photos, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was able to find someone to gift me the Ayleid furnishing pack for gold so I now have these items. Yay! :)

The Welkynd stones are awesome! The default is “inactive” for some reason, so it’s a bit of a pain to place somewhere close by, turn on, then click again to use precision editor and reposition where you want them, but whatever. I could have used twice as many, lol!

The quality of the Ayleid bookcases and the books are really poor though, super low resolution. I don’t have the furnishing plans though so it’s good to have something.

It would be great if these assets could be reworked at some point.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ayleid gate is a bit of a disappointment for me as it doesn’t fit anywhere in the Ayleid ruin (not that that is it’s only use of course, but I thought it reasonable to expect it to work there as I’m told the Solitude doors do in certain houses) and the gate is completely silent upon opening and I would have expected at least a subtle sound of a metal gate opening.

I do like the tree reliefs, although it is odd that the arched reliefs weren’t sized to better accommodate them, as @bluebird pints out.

I didn’t buy the Ayleid furnishing bundle for two reasons:
    1) Several of those furnishings I already have the crafted version of and I rather hate having to juggle bound and unbound versions of the same item.
    2) The sole unique item, the open book, is horribly low resolution.

I do highly recommend the Welkyn Stones, Glowing, however! I love the organic vacillation of their light and they are especially beautiful in the small grates along the wall, as are in the upper room. They don’t cast shadows through the grate but I think they look great and really add to the atmosphere. The Ayleid chandelier is great for casting interesting shadows.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 14, 2021 10:46PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There really needs to be some way to connect the Ayleid switch to the gate to open it.

I don’t know why we have a switch that doesn’t do anything. You can place the switch on the wall next to the gate for decorative purposes.

Ha ha, I guess the switches don’t even work in the game because the door doesn’t open and the fade out/fade in places your character magically outside the door. I just thought of that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really needs to be some way to connect the Ayleid switch to the gate to open it.

I don’t know why we have a switch that doesn’t do anything. You can place the switch on the wall next to the gate for decorative purposes.

Ha ha, I guess the switches don’t even work in the game because the door doesn’t open and the fade out/fade in places your character magically outside the door. I just thought of that.

It would be awesome to be able to connect switches to things that have toggles — doors, lights, etc. — so that the work by switch instead of normal interaction! :smiley: I think I am going to place my Ayleid switches just to imply a purpose they once had. 🤔