The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Saliache Aetherial Tiara should be golden rather than bronze

VaIerius
VaIerius
✭✭✭
I love Ayleid stuff, and was very excited to see the new Saliache Aetherial Tiara in the Ayleid Crates. However, the Tiara appears to be bronze rather than gold, and doesn't change color either depending on the character's hair color (like with other adornments). Ayleid armor is very often golden, so I think the Tiara being folden would have been more fitting and would have matched better with other Ayleid items. Anyone else agree?
Edited by VaIerius on March 18, 2021 3:45PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All Ayleid fixtures in the game are bronze (or whatever that dark rusty-looking metal is), from the Grates, to the Chandeliers, the Culanda/Varla Stone holders, etc. So I think it's quite fitting that the Tiara is too.

That said, having different colour options for Adornments would be great - so I can sympathize with the wish for a golden Ayleid tiara option. Though not based on hair colour, because sometimes it's nice to have different coloured adornments that aren't determined by our characters' hair colours.

The best option would be to have Dyable Adornments, but barring that maybe we could have more recolors. So instead of 3 very similar silver Crowns like those below, we could have a Silver Crown, a Gold Crown and a Bronze Crown instead. And so on for the Ayleid Tiara and other Adornments too. I'm sure people would find that more versatile than to have 3 almost identical silver Crowns.
    aw_crwn_adorn_shroudedcrown_ivt_11678_1x1-3887aa0f447d.jpg
    aw_crwn_adorn_dawnseyecrown_ivt_11679_1x1-b2d2e160dd57.jpg
    aw_crwn_adorn_anthorsshadowcrown_ivt_11676_1x1-ba02cdbc930c.jpg
  • VaIerius
    VaIerius
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    All Ayleid fixtures in the game are bronze (or whatever that dark rusty-looking metal is), from the Grates, to the Chandeliers, the Culanda/Varla Stone holders, etc. So I think it's quite fitting that the Tiara is too.

Fixtures are generally bronze, yes, but armor and other equipment are very often golden.

Edited by VaIerius on March 18, 2021 4:33PM
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it matches the Ayleid gold dye very well but it is slightly more bronze than gold.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks to me like Ayleid armor and adornments use a variety of metals, both from the mounts and style items in these crates and the Ayleid crown that can earned in-game is silver (although another Ayleid crown, the antiquity, is indeed bright gold). Are there other instances of Ayleid armaments and fashion within ESO that I have missed?