The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Solved] Only fighting sound

boeoegg
boeoegg
Soul Shriven
Hi

My wife and I started recently. I copied the Steam application folder to another Steam installation such that we can save time downloading twice. It basically works but the copy installation lack sounds apart from the fighting, so no talks, no steps, no environment. This is a bit unnerving. I search the net and also the forum but nothing helped so far, well information is scarce on that topic.

I removed _databuild, esoaudiode.mnf and vo_de.version from vo_de and the launcher (not Steam) initiated a repair but it did not do the trick. I am reluctant to delete more as the folder is about 10 GB and would take a while to download.

Has someone a solution or an idea?

Cheers

Thiemo
Edited by boeoegg on March 19, 2021 9:23PM
  • boeoegg
    boeoegg
    Soul Shriven
    It turned out that some 20 files were corrupted by the transfer. It is not clear why (so many, never experienced something the like before). After re-transfer, sound works as expected.