The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writs have gone?

johnandalina
Sorry if missed something on last "update". Have they done something to master writs? I have one character who crafts gold writs daily and they used to be plentiful to purchase. Now can hardly find any. There are just some pathetic 5-7 writs vastly overpaid and people trying to sell (really) their 28 jewellery writs, which I have to destroy on a daily basis, and the odd clothier writ.

Is this another aspect of the game ZOS have nerfed/ruined?

Thanks
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bigger picture is:
    turning in master writs with XP buffs is the fastest method earning XP, thats why they get sold rather expensive at the moment. People with a lot of money and materials on their hands will buy them in bulks and then turn them in.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    the bigger picture is:
    turning in master writs with XP buffs is the fastest method earning XP, thats why they get sold rather expensive at the moment. People with a lot of money and materials on their hands will buy them in bulks and then turn them in.

^^^^
    Truth.
  • johnandalina
    Ah that makes sense. Think time for me to move on. This is about the final straw. All I want is them to have a decent server, fast logins and stop making things worse!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy and basic enchanting master writs are probably fetching top dollar post-patch if I had to guess. I need to grind XP and won't be selling any of mine, but imagine the market is exceptionally hot right now.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Alchemy and basic enchanting master writs are probably fetching top dollar post-patch if I had to guess. I need to grind XP and won't be selling any of mine, but imagine the market is exceptionally hot right now.

Certainly true on PC/NA.

• tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if missed something on last "update". Have they done something to master writs? I have one character who crafts gold writs daily and they used to be plentiful to purchase. Now can hardly find any. There are just some pathetic 5-7 writs vastly overpaid and people trying to sell (really) their 28 jewellery writs, which I have to destroy on a daily basis, and the odd clothier writ.

Is this another aspect of the game ZOS have nerfed/ruined?

Thanks

The drop rate seems the same to me. People just aren't selling them because of the XP gain. Maybe consider selling those that you get since they are in demand.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last week I have been buying any I see for 1-2K total. Sitting on a pretty decent amount for the next XP event to grind some CP.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anniversary Jubilee is up on the first two weeks of April, double xp cake + xp scrolls, also a good time to sub ESO+ if you aren't already; that's only 3 weeks away, I would be hoarding them too.
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    I know I've been doing a ton of writs for the new furnishing plans (only 2 I liked) & diminished Aetherial dust. I bought p roe before the prices jumped up & made psijiic ambrosia. I'm selling Aetherial ambrosia faster than I can make it.
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
  • BeefcakeManwich
    I've been buying and hoarding alchemy and enchanting writs pre update 29. Was preparing myself for the cp grind with double xp events. Now I've never done writ crafting before so I bought the cheap gold enchants also. Couldn't find anything on gold and purple master writs xp difference. Guess I'll find that out this coming event.
    Edited by BeefcakeManwich on March 22, 2021 10:13AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been buying and hoarding alchemy and enchanting writs pre update 29. Was preparing myself for the cp grind with double xp events. Now I've never done writ crafting before so I bought the cheap gold enchants also. Couldn't find anything on gold and purple master writs xp difference. Guess I'll find that out this coming event.

Consumable Master writs give about 12k base XP each. Weapon/Gear Master writs give about 18k base XP each. Writ 'quality' doesn't matter.

These are then modified by any XP bonus you have (+10% for ESO+, 100% for Jester's, 50/100/150% XP Scroll. XP bonuses are additive)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... there is less writs on the guild traders because... it is fastest way to gain CP. Top guilds just want to hit CP cap ASAP, to get score boards runs, or get extra advatage in PvP.

It is by any means not the most cost-effective way, but it is the fastest and top guilds can afford to "not care" about gold cost :o

Also, just a side note, it seems like ZOS may have reduced % drop rate for writs. I am doing crafting dailies on all my characters and I have noticed that I get significantly less of those writs.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 22, 2021 11:31AM
  • BeefcakeManwich
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Consumable Master writs give about 12k base XP each. Weapon/Gear Master writs give about 18k base XP each. Writ 'quality' doesn't matter.

These are then modified by any XP bonus you have (+10% for ESO+, 100% for Jester's, 50/100/150% XP Scroll. XP bonuses are additive)

Thx really appreciate the info
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... there is less writs on the guild traders because... it is fastest way to gain CP. Top guilds just want to hit CP cap ASAP, to get score boards runs, or get extra advatage in PvP.

It is by any means not the most cost-effective way, but it is the fastest and top guilds can afford to "not care" about gold cost :o

Also, just a side note, it seems like ZOS may have reduced % drop rate for writs. I am doing crafting dailies on all my characters and I have noticed that I get significantly less of those writs.

I do daily writs on 13 characters I haven't noticed any significant change. It does vary from week to week, especially which professions I get them in. Which matters since JC have been a no brainer to delete immediately, at least before this patch.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

I do daily writs on 13 characters I haven't noticed any significant change. It does vary from week to week, especially which professions I get them in. Which matters since JC have been a no brainer to delete immediately, at least before this patch.

Same, no distinguishable changes from the data I've been keeping for years now.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points