The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much gold/mats/transmutes have you spent on non-proc Cyro?

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
I've spent around 2mil gold and 400 transmutes, for builds for "non-proc" Cyro, to find the lag is worse or just as bad. Pretty annoyed and disappointed, to say the least.
Edited by BlakMarket on March 16, 2021 12:25AM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also feel that we should at least get 100% of all mats back, because i think i have to decon some gold gear now and make new ones. They should drop like 8 gold mats guaranteed. Also transmutation stones drops should be doubled. Also rewards for the worthy should drop like hulking draugr and amber plasm etc sets now.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent nothing.
    If I enter Cyro I will do so with my "permanent stat increase proc set". I'm sure they can monitor what gear people are wearing and seeing players wear sets that don't work might get them to allow these sets again.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. I'm already sitting on golded-out sets of most of the items on the list.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

This !

It's your choice to spend those resources in the game ... And you should remember something important: it's a GAME.

It's just entertainment, your time / energy isn't an investment waiting for returns :|
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 3:11PM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not entitled, im just saying that i hve golded out so many sets that now i wont be able to use. I have atm 5 alloys. On ps4 one, 1, alloy cost 10k in the guild stores. You do the math :(
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even know about the gold jewellery mats, if u want to use those lol. I sometimes run blue jewels myself, but i know some like it golden always. It's on maintenance atm so i can't check, but if i remember prices at all, one of those gold mats was maybe 90-100k? Usually stuff is cheaper on pc, no?
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000+ transmute crystals
    I don't know about mats and gold, probably 1 mill.

I would have spent part of that anyways due to the changes to armor alone, though. Also in terms of gold pve upgrades are worse. Upgrading Kinra jewelry to gold... In PVP I run armour in epic only, it's useless to upgrade to legendary. That lesson I have learned.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 16, 2021 2:07PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post was remove]
    Other games compensate players when there are bans or nerfs. MTG Arena refunds wildcards for banned cards. Warframe refunds crafting mats when grinds are nerfed so as not to punish early adopters of new content. Perhaps the "entitled" player is the one who does not respect the time and effort of their peers.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 3:12PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    I've spent around 2mil gold and 400 transmutes, for builds for "non-proc" Cyro, to find the lag is worse or just as bad. Pretty annoyed and disappointed, to say the least.

0 cause no cp is boring in my opinion
    and ill not adapt to it just of some guys pulling mimimi
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other games compensate players when there are bans or nerfs. MTG Arena refunds wildcards for banned cards. Warframe refunds crafting mats when grinds are nerfed so as not to punish early adopters of new content. Perhaps the "entitled" player is the one who does not respect the time and effort of their peers.

The point is: those sets arent useless for eternity. They can and will be used in 3 months again. PvP and devs have a break of procs now and for a temporary disabling of sets, it would be too much, far too much, to ask the devs to compensate. Sets arent worthless, they arent gone. So there is nothing the devs have to compensate for, period.

Also compensating will be near to impossible.
    Do you want every account being rewarded with some mats, even accounts who havent upgraded anything? or should they track down every upgraded piece of armor and weapon, then check if its one of the currently allowed sets or sets that partially work? and if so, who said those upgraded stuff is used for the crafter himself and not for a friend? So you gonna reward the crafter for crafting stuff for another guy, even the other guy fully repaid the crafter with mats or money? its impossible to give back the right amount of mats to the players or iits impossible to give back a fair amount to everyone even to those who havent spent one gold.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

So, if ZOS bring back the proc sets even stronger I hope you don't come to the forum to blame ZOS decision 😉
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you want every account being rewarded with some mats...
    I have no idea what the best solution is, I just don't think it's fair to call players "entitled" for feeling like their time and effort has been wasted due to the meta being turned upside down every three months. Even Destiny 2 dumped their controversial "sunsetting" gear treadmill system. For me, repeatedly grinding gold mats and transmute crystals to stay competitive in Cyro makes the game feel like a chore, as opposed to entertainment that I pay for.
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on March 16, 2021 3:27PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full gold gear full tristat glyphs, kitty don't *** around.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    not a single farthing....

This is just a test so nothing I'm going to gold out for.
    Plus I already had the gear in a trunk ready to go.
    MinnesotaKid

• Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    Im not entitled, im just saying that i hve golded out so many sets that now i wont be able to use. I have atm 5 alloys. On ps4 one, 1, alloy cost 10k in the guild stores. You do the math :(

I learned long long ago....many many updates, changes, and nerfs ago, to not expect anything I farm, craft, and/or upgrade to be viable for long.
    I pretty much stopped golding out anything because of that. I'm cheap :neutral:

We observe, learn the patterns of the game and it's development then decide from there. I think that's what everyone is saying.
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Nyteshade wrote: »
    Pauwer wrote: »

I learned long long ago....many many updates, changes, and nerfs ago, to not expect anything I farm, craft, and/or upgrade to be viable for long.
    I pretty much stopped golding out anything because of that. I'm cheap :neutral:

We observe, learn the patterns of the game and it's development then decide from there. I think that's what everyone is saying.

This is called being wise, everybody should aspire to it
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll roll my bombblade back to stamblade. About 400 crystalls and a couple of bucks. Not going to gold out anything but weapons since i dont even know how good it will work.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

The sets themselves may be inexpensive and cheap (though I'm already seeing people hiking prices on certain sets because no doubt the market has realized demand for the sets has increased), but had I known they were going to change their minds and only keep this going for another three months, I would have elected not to use 500 transmute stones and gold mats to optimize and stuck with purple items with not-optimal traits. And I'm someone who has a hefty amount of mats built up. I don't think it's entitlement, I think it's a case of having felt like you just wasted a lot of time and resources that, had you know the situation was going to be considerably shortened in length, you wouldn't have done.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 3:13PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nada.
    I had my full set of spinners and spriggans golded out from long ago(I never go anywhere without my trusty "Foe Smasher").
    The rest was just recrafting shackle/hundings with the appropriate traits.
    Im glad I didn't get around to deconning/vendoring a lot of my old stuff yet.
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    So people make choices, and blame ZOS for consequences ? :/
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] I've made 4 new sets spent about 600 crystals in total and 200k gold max. How you could even manage to spent 2mil is completely beyond me. Both Stam and Mag have, arguably 2 crafted sets for BiS each.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 18, 2021 1:00PM
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't count... I guess around 500 - 600 Crystals and quite some gold mats... I do crafting constantly so I don't need to buy mats from guild traders.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I spend none.

I literally stopped playing the moment they announced their 6-months (now 3-months) version of no-proc Sorcodiil. Just no reason to do dungeons, PVE content or PvP with the current ruleset that heavily favours just one or maybe two classes.
    Cancelled ESO+ and my pre-order of Blackwood.

Waiting until X-mas to see what's left.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spend none.

I literally stopped playing the moment they announced their 6-months (now 3-months) version of no-proc Sorcodiil. Just no reason to do dungeons, PVE content or PvP with the current ruleset that heavily favours just one or maybe two classes.
    Cancelled ESO+ and my pre-order of Blackwood.

Waiting until X-mas to see what's left.

Same here. First I was midly annoyed by the 3 weeks test so I said ok I can survive three weeks without Cyro.

When they dropped the prolonged "t"est" news I canceled my subscription and my plans to buy the expansion.

I will not play into this bad joke of a decission. Ill wait and see if ZOS still deserves my money even though I still like the game and I enjoy playing BGs and IC with my magsorc.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 transmute crystals, and 2 gold quality enchaments. A piffle really considering how easy both are to get.

Everything else khajiit already had on hand. They came from the days when people weren't reliant on their gear to do all the heavy lifting.

Which were not better days mind you. But they did insure people had to use more than two buttons to 'get good'.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more than usual, meta changes every patch anyway. At least with this meta people have to actually do the fighting and healing themselves instead of their armor doing it for them.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I golded out weapons and large pieces for one character, not gonna waste time and mats on multiple trash sets. But not equipping multiple characters has severely reduced my playing time in Cyro. I'll do enough to get my one rucksack a day, and then do something else until ZOS lets us use all our gear.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing no-proc was going to be temporary, I didn't spend a dime and stripped my magNecro's crafty alfiq weapons and made a purple shacklebreaker set for my magSorc main. It's the build I used to run before mythic items were a thing because I was too lazy to farm dungeons. I've bought another set of alfiq and will use it until no-proc really ends with Blackwood, assuming I even play Cyrodiil in that span. I'll probably just farm CP.
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4M

Shacklebreaker (body), Crafty (Jewelries+wpn), Spinner (body), Brass (body), Impreg (Jewelries+wpn)

All gold.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

That is not altogether true. Consumers do have rights to things they pay for. That is why there are things such as automobile recalls, warranties, return policies, no charge for bad food at restaurants, etc. As for video games there is a reasonable expectation to what you are purchasing. That reasonable expectation is that some parts of the game will change over time however making a good portion of the game no long work after purchase is not reasonable.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 22, 2021 3:13PM