The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flames of ambition performance issue on character selection screen

MyNameIsElias
MyNameIsElias
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not very good with computers, but at least 1 of my friends has reported having the same issue as me.

I run 2 monitors, and when i am on the character selection screen my PC starts going super slowly, and my GPU usage shoots up to 100%. When i am logged in to the game it goes back down to 71%. I play the game in windowed fullscreen. I tried playing in windowed & fullscreen, but it had no impact on fixing my issue.

Eso is the only application i have this issue on (and it only happens in 1 specific instance, when on char select screen) and this never happened before the patch. I already experienced this issue while on the FOA PTS cycle.

Sometimes i manage to solve the issue temporarily by turning off random settings in AMD control panel, but the issue always comes back after random amounts of time/restarting my PC :disappointed:

My specs: (Alienware machine that i picked the parts for myself, they built it for me)

amd radeon rx 5700 xt GPU
intel i9 9900k CPU
32GB ram
game is saved on NVME SSD
Primary gaming monitor is MSI MAG272QP, running at 2560 x 1440 resolution, 144hz with AMD Freesync enabled.
Second monitor is an old ASUS VE247, used for discord/browser/stream watching, running at 1920 x 1080 resolution, 60hz.
Edited by MyNameIsElias on March 14, 2021 12:21PM