The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nasty Gotcha on Rolis' Folios

Malborn66
Malborn66
✭✭✭
Just bought a bunch of Folios from Rolis.

These consist of all designs he has sold in the past and are utterly non-transferable.
Cannot bank, sell or pass on to another character.

Having spent a bunch of Vouchewrs to purchase these, I am very P**sed off!.

Caveat Emptor people.
Malborn66
PC-EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are seriously made em untradeable... Damn, glad I purchased every piece day before the update. Might be an unintended part though so should bug report it maybe also.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm... On the PTS the notes said we'd be able to trade them. Just for the sake of clarity, did you open the container(s)? I don't think you can sell/trade the folio itself (just like you can't sell coffers), but you should be able to sell/trade each of the plans inside.

Just a sec and I'll try to find the post that talks about it.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it!
    Opening a Folio will give you tradable copies of all of the plans inside and costs the same as it would have cost to buy all the recipes in that Folio individually.

Emphasis mine. It's in this post on the PTS sub-forum. Scroll down to the "New Furnishings" part.