Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Blackwood purchase?

Jimbro
Jimbro
✭✭
If I own base game up to Morrowind, which CE package should I buy? One has everything including Morrowind (which I have) and the other just has Blackwood.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to play Summerset/Elsweyr/Graymoor too some time, the Collection is more useful than just the Upgrade.

Being an ESO+ subscriber gives you temporary access to all DLCs which includes ex-Chapters (which are demoted to DLCs when the new Chapter comes out), but would require you to buy the Necromancer class separately. The collection will give you permanent access to Summerset, Elsweyr, Graymoor, and the Necromancer class. So your preference will depend on whether you want to play them all or just Blackwood; and whether you're planning on subbing long-term anyway.
  • Jimbro
    Jimbro
    ✭✭
    Thanks @bluebird I think I would like permanent access especially to the Necromancer class.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jimbro wrote: »
    Thanks @bluebird I think I would like permanent access especially to the Necromancer class.
    Just to clarify, you can buy permanent access to the DLCs and the Nercromancer class directly through the Crown Store, it just costs more than if you buy the Collection bundle (which is why I didn't mention it, sorry!).

Necro costs 1,500 Crowns to permanently unlock, and Summerset, Elsweyr cost 3,500 Crowns each (and likely Graymoor will cost 3,500 too, after Blackwood comes out and they make Graymoor available in the Crown Store as a DLC), which is 12,000 Crowns. So direct purchases are good if you want a cherry-picked a'la carte selection, but getting them all is better through a sub or the Collection.
  • Jimbro
    Jimbro
    ✭✭
    You have explained it very well. I did understand the a'la carte method would cost more since I do want all the content.