The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vateshran Hollows: Lava

vesselwiththepestle
vesselwiththepestle
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

from the Patch Notes:

"Lava in the Brimstone Den now deals more damage. In addition, damage can no longer be avoided by sprinting or jumping."

I am sorry, but how am I supposed to get through there safe on a stamina character? I just even died going for the first essence because Vigor couldn't heal through it. I will try now different buff food just for that walk, but in my opinion the damage should haven been reduced, not increased, as our damage mitigation went down. In the last boss arena there often is an essence which might be impossible to reach for stamina characters, now, far away on a platform.

I take any hints how to get there through, or is everyone just running with health buff through that lava to get the first essence?
1000+ CP
PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will now get stacking debuff while being in lava, which hugely increasing damage you take from lava. Debuff's duration is only 3 seconds so it's better to wait for it to expire somewhere on the safe island.
    Other than that just use vigor and speed buf, so you'll get less stacks with it.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I will try that next time, so I don't have to waste buff food for 30 seconds in that arena. This shouldn't work to get the essence in the last boss stage at the island, though. Only way which I see which might work is to get the protection during the boss fight and run over there.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    This shouldn't work to get the essence in the last boss stage at the island, though.

Yeah, I have my doubts about that essence too, not sure if even Major Expedition will help, cause damage ramping up really fast.

But will the essence disappear when fight with the boss starts? Didn't checked it by myself yet. If not, you just can use lava orb to get to it.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The essence disappears at some point... It might be possible to get it during the boss fight, I never tried it. Although I never checked if it disappears when the boss fight starts or when it ends - I just noticed that it wasn't there anymore when the boss is dead. I'll take a note next time :). Recently I had bad luck. I am just doing the spirit slayer achievement on all my stamina characters, so I am skipping adds and not doing side bosses and the last runs - since the patch - I ended up with only 2 essences each anyway.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 12, 2021 8:20PM
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!