The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Bank freezes/crashes

Tevalaur
Tevalaur
✭✭✭✭✭
Since Flames of Ambition I've had the guild bank crash the game frequently. Although this appears it can happen the first time in any guild bank, it more frequently happens with the following reproduction steps:

1. Open any guild bank.
2. Interact with the guild banker to deposit and/or withdraw items.
3. Press F to change the guild bank being interacted with (without closing the interface).
4. Select a different guild bank.

The game now spins and spins until it either "times out" and you end up on the sign-in screen again or until it crashes to desktop.

At least sometimes it seems the crash can be averted by closing and reopening the interface after any deposits/withdrawls, but sometimes I still have the resulting freeze/crash after doing so.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2021 6:11PM
Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening too frequently with the error messages "An error has occurred" or "Your connection to the server has timed out" error message to only be happening to my account? Really, no responses from ZOS or from players either?
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 14, 2021 10:01PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • twinkles21
    twinkles21
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thanks for posting this! I thought it was my computer last night. It froze and crashed on me 3 times while trying to manage my guild business.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tevalaur

Are you the only guild member experiencing this crash?

If so, you should go through our crash troubleshooting guide in the following link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Tevalaur

Are you the only guild member experiencing this crash?

If so, you should go through our crash troubleshooting guide in the following link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

Nothing in that troubleshooter is helpful in my case and this issue only started happening after Monday's quarterly update.
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 14, 2021 10:03PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE WHY was this moved out of bug reports hours after others said it was happening to them also? It is NOT just happening to me! This belongs in Bug Reports where I had posted it!!!!

I've played for years on this machine without this issue... It was built as a high-end gaming desktop just 2-3 years ago with an inheritance. It is not my machine or the client needing a repair -- it is something that changed with Monday's patch and probably related to the delays on using the bank they discussed in patch notes. Hence this belongs in BUG REPORTS not Technical Support.
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 14, 2021 10:03PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also experiencing guildbank freezes
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tevalaur
    @MyNameIsElias
    @twinkles21

If you've went through the basic crash troubleshooting and this specific crash continues at the guild bank, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support. This will help us investigate the issue further to determine the possible cause.
    Staff Post
  • Araphorn
    Araphorn
    ✭✭
    Same, happening quite frequently on PC EU.
  • Sheen
    Sheen
    ✭✭
    Araphorn wrote: »
    Same, happening quite frequently on PC EU.

Same thing for me.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same pc eu
  • HarleyQuinn42c
    HarleyQuinn42c
    Soul Shriven
    Same PC EU, I'm avoiding using guild banks till this is sorted which is a problem as I'm always putting recipies in and with the Jester's festival coming up I'm going to be trashing things rather than have to struggle to use guild banks
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Also causing freezes for me in pc na with gamepad with guild bank. Seriously badly bugged release yet again.
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭

@Tevalaur
    @MyNameIsElias
    @twinkles21

If you've went through the basic crash troubleshooting and this specific crash continues at the guild bank, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support. This will help us investigate the issue further to determine the possible cause.

This is not isolated incidents it’s across the board on PS4 since update it’s just that most people don’t use the forums and have given up on reporting things after updates because they never get responses and the shame of that is many people have quit playing ESO! When I reach out as a GM to ask if everything is ok because they’ve been offline these are the reasons that are given! Frustration levels are high with the lastest glitches along with changes!!
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
  • HarleyQuinn42c
    HarleyQuinn42c
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening to me, really annoying as I really need Guild Bank access especially during Jubilee event when there so many Motif's etc to store and share with guildies
  • HarleyQuinn42c
    HarleyQuinn42c
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening to me, really annoying as I really need Guild Bank access especially during Jubilee event when there so many Motif's etc to store and share with guildies

For information I'm on PC EU and this has only been happening since a recent patch
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Tevalaur
    @MyNameIsElias
    @twinkles21

This is not isolated incidents it’s across the board on PS4 since update it’s just that most people don’t use the forums and have given up on reporting things after updates because they never get responses and the shame of that is many people have quit playing ESO! When I reach out as a GM to ask if everything is ok because they’ve been offline these are the reasons that are given! Frustration levels are high with the lastest glitches along with changes!!

I had this bug this morning on PS4 NA. I was getting the bug in Alinor and Cyrodiil. One time I had to close app as it froze the game completely. Each interaction caused my fan to stop, the screen paused, and then you get the action you requested. The fan resumes after this. This is not the same as the previous bug that delayed your guild bank deposits and withdrawals because you could still move or exit the screen - this one locks you into the banker interaction. I also got this adding/removing items from in home storage. I was able to alleviate the delay with the home storage delay using /reloadui

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are aware and currently working on a fix for the lag and freezing issues the guild bank is experiencing.
    Staff Post