The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

SUGGESTION: Normal dungeons are too easy

OrangeTheCat
OrangeTheCat
✭✭✭✭✭
Not trying to be "elitist" here, but normal dungeons have become way, way too easy. I played the beta and beyond for a year or so and came back briefly for the Necro class, and now I am back full time. I realize the game has been made a lot easier and less challenging since then but I think normal dungeons now are just ridiculous. People speed run them, one shooting mods like it's Diablo III. Yes, I know there are veteran dungeons and I think they are just fine. But normal dungeons are a joke. They are just not fun for those of us (well, me anyway) leveling 1-50.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds "Elitist" when a player "from beta" is calling for entry level content to be made harder, just saying.....
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »
    Sounds "Elitist" when a player "from beta" is calling for entry level content to be made harder, just saying.....

Good point. "Entry level content" should not be available to people with CPs. That might help solve the problem identified in the OP.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

Good point. "Entry level content" should not be available to people with CPs. That might help solve the problem identified in the OP.

Yeah, but that will upset the role players that can't clear vet content on their 810cp characters that don't have races picked for their racial passives or armour for their role.....
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yet, there are many, many instances of people unable to run DLC dungeons on normal. I dropped into a random normal as a tank on WGT (a real tank, not a DPS with a taunt). DPS could not burn adds before getting into the tower. As in they kept wiping leaving me to fight them. Did same thing yesterday, got Darkshade 1. Slow burn again. Got normal Bloodroot Forge on a second tank. Got a PVP DPS who kept dying.

It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, its memorable. Given the choice, I'd rather keep it as is.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, there are many, many instances of people unable to run DLC dungeons on normal. I dropped into a random normal as a tank on WGT (a real tank, not a DPS with a taunt). DPS could not burn adds before getting into the tower. As in they kept wiping leaving me to fight them. Did same thing yesterday, got Darkshade 1. Slow burn again. Got normal Bloodroot Forge on a second tank. Got a PVP DPS who kept dying.

It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, its memorable. Given the choice, I'd rather keep it as is.

I don't know what to say. I came back to this game and started a warden from the ground up. She is now level 50. Doing the noral dungeons were like a Diablo 3 game.... rushing at full speed instakilling everything in our path... each...and...every...time. It was a joke. Every single time it was like that. I am 100% certain everyone else's experience is like that 99.9% of the time too.

It should change.

I think the truth is though (and I suspect why so many defend the "keep it as is" argument) is the ease of normal dungeons makes it trivial to collect set pieces.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 24, 2021 1:08PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what to say. I came back to this game and started a warden from the ground up. She is now level 50. Doing the noral dungeons were like a Diablo 3 game.... rushing at full speed instakilling everything in our path... each...and...every...time. It was a joke. Every single time it was like that. I am 100% certain everyone else's experience is like that 99.9% of the time too.

It should change.

I think the truth is though (and I suspect why so many defend the "keep it as is" argument) is the ease of normal dungeons makes it trivial to collect set pieces.

[snip]

Then stop doing normal dungeons? I don't see the issue here.
    You don't like how easy the content is, go do harder content.
    Normal dungeons aren't just for you, they are also for level 10 players who have been playing 3 days and haven't discovered gear yet.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 24, 2021 1:09PM
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    What's with the recent threads about 'overland is too easy, make it harder' now 'normal dungeons are too easy' ffs what the **** are new players supposed to do?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's with the recent threads about 'overland is too easy, make it harder' now 'normal dungeons are too easy' ffs what the **** are new players supposed to do?

TBF, as part of the "overland is too easy" faction, most of us asking for an optional vet instance of quest content.
    While this OP ask for , I don't know, making normal dungeons harder instead of simply jumping into vet instances that are at least already there.

See the difference?

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 24, 2021 1:10PM
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭

TBF, as part of the "overland is too easy" faction, most of us asking for an optional vet instance of quest content.
    While this OP ask for , I don't know, making normal dungeons harder instead of simply jumping into vet instances that are at least already there.

See the difference?

[snip]

I think having an optional instance would be fine. But it seems like some just want to forget about new players. Just because it is easy for some, doesn't make it easy for others.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 24, 2021 1:10PM