The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Detection Radius Reduction in the Green Tree is Redundant

AlextheMuspel
AlextheMuspel
✭✭✭
For thieves, Khajiit's passive+Improved Sneak (Medium Armor)+Night Mother's Embrace+Night Terror+Darloc Brae are sufficient to reduce the detection radius to -0.5m. With 3m reduction in the green tree means now I can slot 2pc monster set+1pc mythic item? Why not add increased pickpocket rate instead? Not to mention negative detection radius completely breaks immersion. Guards literally can't see me even when I'm RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE.

For PvPers in IC, I didn't test it but it would be such a "bruh" moment if the -3.5m detection radius finally means you're INVISIBLE 100% of the time. THAT would be so funny and completely pointless unless your sole purpose is to collect skyshards.

Another perk that looks nice but completely pointless. Imagine how hilarious it would be if bunch of thieves stacking under the guard's groin but he's completely oblivious, now that getting to 0m detection radius is so easy. Nothing to look here, just another day in ESO :)
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, but now I have more flexibility with my gear for my Khajiit thief. And my non-Khajiit thief doesn't feel as handicapped as she used to be.

It's okay to have redundant things in a game. They open up more possibilities.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weirdly not all players are Khajiit.
    And with 3 sneak sets guards would push this one out of their way already :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

This.

Options
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

This.

I assumed so bc I have one toon dedicated to thieving. It's too much of a hassle with the gear, passive, and bounty stuff to do it on other characters.

That's apparently not the case for everyone, so it seems.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not add increased pickpocket rate instead?

Because not everyone plays a thief.
    Not to mention negative detection radius completely breaks immersion. Guards literally can't see me even when I'm RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE [/quote[

And of all the things in ESO that breaks your immersion? not the colorful mounts, flashy skins or unlorefriendly names...
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 10, 2021 12:28PM
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Khajiit can now slot the Ring of the Wild Hunt instead of Darloc Brae for more speed in sneak. You can also more easily do thief content now without getting a specialized set and just do it in your regular medium armor dps setup.

And yes, it actually works like that in PvP, but there is also a new detection CP and certain skills increase your detection radius, like Mage Light. Detection potions give 20m of detection, so even at your -3.5 you will get pulled out of sneak.
    Aside from that, on a setup like that, you can really only get skyshards since anyone you ambush will be able to kill you easily due to lack of damage.

I really like this CP, especially since ZOS is still refusing to listen to reason and has still not given Bosmer back their stealth after two years and no communication. It doesn't fix the issue, but at least it makes it more bearable for the time being.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People make dedicated toons for non combat purposes? XD

I don't do a lot of thieving since my main already has the achievements and I don't like the repetiveness of it, but I never ever outfitted a character in dedicated thieving gear and still did everything fine when needed on any alt (mostly dark brotherhood to get the level 7 passive, less aggro from mobs).

This new thieving passive is a welcome QoL improvement because it is an easy and fast way to buff a character I have to level DB on. It is not redundant.
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

I don't do a lot of thieving since my main already has the achievements and I don't like the repetiveness of it, but I never ever outfitted a character in dedicated thieving gear and still did everything fine when needed on any alt (mostly dark brotherhood to get the level 7 passive, less aggro from mobs).

This new thieving passive is a welcome QoL improvement because it is an easy and fast way to buff a character I have to level DB on. It is not redundant.

The Thieves Guild Heist dailies are the only way to get Bahraha's Curse gear in weights other than medium, and they require serious sneaking. The off weights also sell for a small fortune. My NB isn't dedicated to thieving, but he always has his sneaky set of gear handy. ;)
    Options
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a blessing for Khajiits doing thiefing, as now you can max out speed by dropping one set.
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

The Thieves Guild Heist dailies are the only way to get Bahraha's Curse gear in weights other than medium, and they require serious sneaking. The off weights also sell for a small fortune. My NB isn't dedicated to thieving, but he always has his sneaky set of gear handy. ;)

Maybe it's just me then, but I never bothered to change characters for that. I've recently done some Bahraha's and Syvarra's as well and had no problems on light/heavy armour characters. Just slot a speed buff and use invisibility potions when you make a mistake.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I assumed so bc I have one toon dedicated to thieving. It's too much of a hassle with the gear, passive, and bounty stuff to do it on other characters.

My dedicated thief is a redguard, I do have a khajiit too, but it's basically just a daily writ crafter. Thieving is one of those things where I can't be bothered to min max.
    Options
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. I am sneaking necromancer in 7 pieces of light armor and this passive makes my sneaking thief life so much better.
    One of best passives ever.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

My main thief is a dunmer nightblade.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For thieves, Khajiit's passive+Improved Sneak (Medium Armor)+Night Mother's Embrace+Night Terror+Darloc Brae are sufficient to reduce the detection radius to -0.5m. With 3m reduction in the green tree means now I can slot 2pc monster set+1pc mythic item? Why not add increased pickpocket rate instead? Not to mention negative detection radius completely breaks immersion. Guards literally can't see me even when I'm RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE.

For PvPers in IC, I didn't test it but it would be such a "bruh" moment if the -3.5m detection radius finally means you're INVISIBLE 100% of the time. THAT would be so funny and completely pointless unless your sole purpose is to collect skyshards.

Another perk that looks nice but completely pointless. Imagine how hilarious it would be if bunch of thieves stacking under the guard's groin but he's completely oblivious, now that getting to 0m detection radius is so easy. Nothing to look here, just another day in ESO :)

Ever since Ring of the Wild Hunt became available, my Stage 1 vampire thief Grumpy Ex Wood Elf has used Darloc Brae (5-piece), Night Terror and RotWH, with the other slots adding a bit of damage. And he certainly can use other green slottables such as Treasure Hunter, Plentiful Harvest, Master Gatherer and so on. So I doubt he'll use that slottable.

On the other hand, maybe one of my magblades will finally be able to stealth too, perhaps even without becoming a vampire. (Actually, vamping out still makes more sense, but then we have the whole looks problem ...)
    Options
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭

Getting skyshards feels like a chore to me, and I don’t have crowns to purchase them from crown store, so the only skill points I got are from leveling up, which severely limits my choices when it comes to building the character.

I’m ok with collecting all the skyshards ONCE on my main. But doing it on all my alts? God no...

Maybe it all comes down to one’s tolerance for grinding, in which case I personally find it insufferable. I can barely finish the DB quests on one single character, let alone all the alts...
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something something bosmer, something no stealth bonus.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    I disagree. I am sneaking necromancer in 7 pieces of light armor and this passive makes my sneaking thief life so much better.
    One of best passives ever.

I’m talking about maximum effectiveness when it comes to thieving, in which case necromancer is a terrible choice. In fact, the only viable option here is NB, for their unique ability to disengage the combat at their will at a cost of only 3k magika. It makes no sense to choose otherwise unless you’re doing it for role-playing or whatnot.

Maybe switch your armor to medium when you’re thieving. It’s a much better QOL change than the passive.
    Options