Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

rare items that elude you

Czeri
Czeri
✭✭✭✭
There are a number of items in the game that are rare. Some of those are rare by design, eg. aetheric cipher. Others are seemingly rare through an error (like the Khajit Brazier, Enchanted praxis). And then there are items that, while not common, don't sound like they should be all that elusive, but you just never get one.

For me an example of that last category are dwarven construct repair parts. I have never once had one drop for me, despite multiple hours spent in dwarven ruins chasing precursor parts, ebon wolf leads, and the like. If I hadn't seen them in guild stores, I wouldn't have believed they exist.

How about you?
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

The dwarven construct repair parts are a guaranteed item in the coffer (so once weekly per character) from Halls of Fabrication.

Huh, so maybe that's where the ones from guild stores come from. I suppose they might not be dropping in dwarven dungeons because of some loot table error, then. I'm pretty sure the training dummy recipes that require them were introduced long before HoF, so the trial shouldn't be the only source...
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vas polymorph, guess I'll just buy it one day.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    kringled_1 wrote: »

The dwarven construct repair parts are a guaranteed item in the coffer (so once weekly per character) from Halls of Fabrication.

Huh, so maybe that's where the ones from guild stores come from. I suppose they might not be dropping in dwarven dungeons because of some loot table error, then. I'm pretty sure the training dummy recipes that require them were introduced long before HoF, so the trial shouldn't be the only source...

They were all introduced with Morrowind:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345258/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-5-morrowind-amp-update-14
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭

They literally only come from HoF.
    virtus753 wrote: »

That solves that mystery, then! I guess I'll just be hunting the Khajit Brazier, then.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    Any piece of vampiric furniture that isn't those gigantic drapes. They don't even fit in my house. I just gave up bought the crafting recipe for one of the book cases and I regret nothing.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vas polymorph, guess I'll just buy it one day.

this. even with event i haven't seen any drops.

also bsw fire staves. fire staves in general.

powerful assault weapons.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother's sorrow inferno staff. I have two of them, but neither one dropped for me. I got them from other people. Hundreds of hours in that dungeon, one has never dropped for me.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother's sorrow inferno staff. I have two of them, but neither one dropped for me. I got them from other people. Hundreds of hours in that dungeon, one has never dropped for me.

MS is an overland set. Maybe you meant BSW?
  • Lisa
    Lisa
    ✭✭✭
    SPC frost staff.
    Blessed are those who explore the unbeaten path...
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, I've just remembered one - shivering cheese. I never got in the EU server, but it did drop for me once on NA.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pFG inferno staff. It never drops for anyone in the runs I make.
    Also, maelstrom lightning staff ...I could build a cabin with the firestaves, but never got any lightning one.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skooma bubbler, crimson shard
    Too many toons not enough time
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom Frost staff for my warden. I used to have a non-perfected version, but dumped it as soon as I got an inferno. Then minor brittle and the stickerbook released. FML
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial Motif, I had to buy it eventually but I've never found one myself

^
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena and dungeon staves.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Motif, I had to buy it eventually but I've never found one myself

Played multiple characters on multiple accounts since a week after PC launch.

I have found a grand total of 2. Kept one (used it on my main crafter), gave the other to a friend.

In other "rare" things, the furnishing recipes from Murkmire. Still lookin' for those berries.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several of the damn creature "trophies" for the trophies achievments. I've played for a long time,done Cadwell's gold and soon all dlc content on my main, I even try farm specific ones every once in a while, and I'm still missing a bunch!

It's ridiculous the dyes you are rewarded for these achievments count as "common".

I have been complaining about this for multiple years. They dont care. I gave up getting them and they along with a small amount of pvp rank dyes are all I need.

Its really cool they made them so hard to get. I would hate to have all the common dyes so easily. /jokes....
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfected VMA bow... Aetheric Cipher... I'd say Aetherial Dust, except three have dropped for me in Rivenspire over the years, the most recent 2 nights ago. Ayeleid plans - never seen one. And some of the monster collectibles - I think I'm down to 5 now but just can't get them to drop.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on March 7, 2021 10:01PM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER