The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Get a Free Pet & Respecs During the Heroes Reforged Event"

• Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Well this is a slap in the face, I hope this can be discussed and changed.

Oh, about a slap in the face... Almost year ago, we hoped that changes to vMA and vDSA weapons in Greymoor will not happen, but they happened... ;) And after time, unhappy people stopped posting about it on forums, and everyone have forgotten about it :/ Never forget about changes like this, because you'll be disappointed by other changes later.

At least we all got few free race change tokens some time ago (I honestly can't remember when it was, maybe with Greymoor as well). For me, it's not concern at all... With constant changes, I wouldn't keep changing races of my characters each time something in their racial bonuses changes. I even haven't used those free tokens + some tokens I bought with my own crowns very long time ago.

Free respec event was on PTS at the start of current testing cycle, so it's not surprise that we're getting it on live. Even if this event wasn't on PTS, temporarily free respecs are expected when there are so much changes :)
    Name/race/appearance changes shouldn't have been locked to the cash shop in the first place.

Technically, you can buy them as "gifts" for gold, no problem - they are not crowns-exclusive items, like skyshard option for alts.

For you to buy it with gold, somebody has to buy it with RL money first. They are crown shop exclusive items. They come only from crown shop.
    Edited by Scardan on March 4, 2021 9:43AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can that Pet be morphed into a Race token? Like the new event pet...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no plans to add race change tokens to Heroes Reforged at this time.

And I have no plans to login to the game for several weeks after this chaos goes live. Having to spend time to respec every single toon before being able to play is a chore, not a good time. Not something enjoyable to do.

Add to that the need to spend real money to be optimized as before the changes is insulting on top of dreading the annoying chore I’ll be forced to undertake when I do finally decide to play again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

And I have no plans to login to the game for several weeks after this chaos goes live. Having to spend time to respec every single toon before being able to play is a chore, not a good time. Not something enjoyable to do.

Add to that the need to spend real money to be optimized as before the changes is insulting on top of dreading the annoying chore I’ll be forced to undertake when I do finally decide to play again.

I bet you already know this @Reverb, but just in case you don't: If you wait a couple weeks after this update goes live, you'll miss out on the cost-free respecs and essentially cost yourself a lot of unnecessary gold if you need to change any stats around.

So maybe log in at least one of the days before the "Reforge Your Hero" or whatever event ends! ;P

(Just trying to offer a friendly "heads up", but I get where you're coming from)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

I bet you already know this @Reverb, but just in case you don't: If you wait a couple weeks after this update goes live, you'll miss out on the cost-free respecs and essentially cost yourself a lot of unnecessary gold if you need to change any stats around.

So maybe log in at least one of the days before the "Reforge Your Hero" or whatever event ends! ;P

(Just trying to offer a friendly "heads up", but I get where you're coming from)

Thanks, I appreciate where you’re coming from. After having been around since launch I’m sitting on more gold than I know what to do with. My time is worth more than that, and I’d rather spend that time doing something enjoyable.

I know I’ll have to put a lot of work in before I can enjoy eso after this goes live,
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great free pet. Wish I could slaughter it and feed it to my cats.

But I have been on PTS, and as for walking around in dungeons at 850 and feeling like 850, well, I'm going to get my head bashed in if I do that.
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of money i have spendt already on racechanges to min/max my characters and now you go ahead and nerf and change them all to the point of other races beeing a stronger alternative and dont give us free racechange tokens ?

Dissapointed.

if i could use this pet as a target dummy i would.
    Edited by Iskaldt on March 4, 2021 5:49PM
  • GMdoghunter
    GMdoghunter
    ✭✭✭
    Well to start off with they give us a free pet,oh lets jump at the free fawn were getting wow what a lot of rubbish,to add insult to injury they are now going to reset all our specs with a 2 week free respec period.Whoop de doo.
    Instead of giving us a complete lot of rubbish,why dont they actually FIX THE GAME INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CREATE ANOTHER HEADACHE.Enough said Im done wont be renewing my sub either when the time comes,its a shame as well as the game itself and the community are brilliant just so many endless bugs that it is just not tolerable anymore.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker Just curious what happens to our feedback and why you as a community manager don't engage the conversation with more detail - especially on a conversation you started. Just ignoring what other questions the community has with a big change like this doesn't reflect well on ZOS. This a BIG area of improvement for you and your team.

The community - paying customers by the way - are saying that this change should have been thought out a bit more given the gravity of the changes. I realize you're only the messenger here, but we need to get a better impression of what your organization is doing when these overhauls happen and why they're not throwing a bone to the community.

I want to say that the event itself is appreciated, and it'll be good to refresh some old characters. Race is an important part of builds and character identity, both of which are being challenged. Not including even a single race change token, perhaps coupled with a sale on any additional, looks like glaring tone-deafness. It's not like people won't buy race tokens either - I've bought 3 in the last month just to experiment.

I get you're not part of the monetization efforts, but when we offer feedback like this, the feeling is we're speaking into a void. And like so many other changes, the CMs just reply once and then vanish forever. You guys gotta change that, you really do.

Please see the replies from @Ganondroid and @skinnycheeks as something you should be engaging.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Disappointed in your behavior as of late ZOS.

Stay safe and have fun :)
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on March 5, 2021 5:34AM
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *ZOS* changed the Race, CP and weapon passives, Why should *We* foot the bill?!?

It's not good optics or community relations on ZOS side to give a pointless pet while refusing to give Race Tokens for something ZOS has already set a precedent for in the past.

As a good will gesture you could give us 3 tokens seeing as I have to spend a day of my ESO+ just slotting the skills I already had on my bars and mathematically assigning CP on 36 characters before I can go out to farm weapons and Gold Mats in order to be as I am on live.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  • daviddemilleb14_ESO
    daviddemilleb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I CANNOT overstate my disappointment with the decision to delete old mails 30 days after the update.

Do I really need the mail congratulating me on Beta testing, making max rank of V14. then V16, etc.? Um, yes.

If you really wanted to go big and awesome, how about including the ability to convert those mails into Framed Certificates that I could hang in my house for me and my visitors to admire.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the pet and am glad it’s not on fire, lol! :joy:

Those pitiful pet fireballs (furballs)
    get a /bucketsplash from me.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, when does MS take over and start to wrangle ZOS?
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Mizael wrote: »

I think race changes tokens are way more important then free respecs, we can pay gold for change then anytime however race not. And since you guys changed racial passives again, and we created characters before this update, it is super unfair to not grant free race change token. I have 16 characters and I don't intend to pay 3500 crowns for each one of them if no tokens are granted.

Name/race/appearance changes shouldn't have been locked to the cash shop in the first place. Surely Galathil, the famous face sculptor of the Riften ratway, learned her craft from a long line of Aldmeri face sculptors? Why not just plop her predecessor down in the outlaw's refuges in the capitol cities where she charges a large sum of in-game gold to remake your face (and also your entire race)?

This could also help with curbing the gold inflation in the game greatly by "deleting" gold by buying this npc's services. Have it cost like 1 million gold to do it or something.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish you guys lower the cost of all the skills when this goes live, all my 36 characters, i need about 1200cp to feel fine and close to what i was doing with 810on lives... 33% cost reduction on all those skills will be welcome honestly. i feel bad that now i need to grind over 400cp to get to the point i am, and by the time i get there, their will be no free respecing... i think it will takes me 3-4 months before i can grind that...

so 33% cost reduction
    or free 25% extra cp when this goes live
    you know its not an upgrade politically speaking... i will be about 70% of what i was before the patch... weaker, gonna takes me a while to be able to cash farming like i was etc...

i have 10 characters that were build with a dual purpose in cp, like best for tank / heal or dps / heal etc... to do the same things with the new perks system i need rouglty 1800cp for that...

i feel sad knowing that everyone past 810 cp earn additional cp at quadruple cost, and won't get compensate for that
    i feel bad knowing that curved as been reduced by 25% without being compensated

since its a new linear system, having 800, 1200, 1800, or 2400 cp right now won't push more dps, but gives players more flexibility... and that is my points... i wan't at least the flexibility i lost... sure i lost dps, sure i lost survability as a zos upgrade stand points of view..

also spending 1/3 of my earn champions points for crafting tree makes it hard to swallow... i do tradeskills on 1 guy, harvesting on 1 guy, and my 34 others are just dpsing... grrrrr

please before this goes lives, i really wish, either or both... cost get lowered by 33% for champion and please compensate for the xp curved change, and please reconsider for vets that payed quadruple cost for their champion points past 810cp

in the meanwhile
    i cancel my subcription for my 2 accounts
    and ask a refund for the expension

thanks
    zos

• RecktrithiusOediphitry
    At least one free race change token for main character should be obligatory after such changes to racial passives, it's a misunderstanding that we even have to talk about this. This greediness is really getting out of hand.

PS. Free pet feels like an insult to injury at this point. Good work.
    Edited by RecktrithiusOediphitry on March 6, 2021 12:27PM
  • Pink_Pixie
    Pink_Pixie
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to flames of disappointment,

Players are being rewarded for their loyalty with improved nerfs to the connect a dot 2.0 CP system, with a well thought out gated system to ensure players have to grind experience. All races are changed, with no tokens in sight to help alleviate the changes. Bow gets hit with another nerf which it didn't need at all. Added in more pointless proc sets that will increase lag by 60%. All earned experience gets thrown down the drain, for reasons which makes no sense. And PvP becomes even more unbalanced.......also all community questions, advice and discussions have been ignored.

And to add to all of the above, we'll spend more time messing around with slots in connect a dot 2.0 to farm a node, open a chest, or to eat food.

And a reward for your loyalty, we'll be given a pet that you can't really use, as we're only allowed one out at a time. And a event that'll save us some gold to respec, I'm stunned how we're given such an awesome reward for all the time that many of us have been paying into the game.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the balance changes to racial passives are significant, and that the precedent exists.

They REALLY shouldn't touch racial passives when doing balance changes unless they're planning to allow race changes. It's one of VERY FEW things you cannot easily respec in-game.

I for one will be holding off on the chapter purchase unless this is reconsidered.
    Edited by doesurmindglow on March 6, 2021 8:39PM
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the balance changes to racial passives are significant, and that the precedent exists.

They REALLY shouldn't touch racial passives when doing balance changes unless they're planning to allow race changes. It's one of VERY FEW things you cannot easily respec in-game.

I for one will be holding off on the chapter purchase unless this is reconsidered.

Yup was going to buy the chapter over the weekend but I decided I would much rather spend the money on something else due to zos not even giving us a single token
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can keep my pet. It’s a useless thing anyway. Now, a race change token would be helpful given such a significant racial rebalance.

U29: The Flames of Disappointment

Edited by The_Lex on March 7, 2021 12:27PM
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously why? This stubbornness will cause ill feeling with your customers, I for one am seriously considering ending my subscription due to this, and I know for a fact I am not alone!
    Just one race change token would be seen as a good gesture to your customers, [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 7, 2021 6:31PM
  • Windwillow
    Windwillow
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, want kidding me???
    §146. Verkaufe das Brutzeln, nicht das Steak
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    Personally, I don't like the fact that the developers reset all my abilities even though I didn't intend to. There should be a simple option or information that using the shrines will be free during this time, but not reset all abilities. They seriously reset all my abilities just to redistribute the points in the same way. It's nice that they want to enable the creation of new builds for the new CP system, but without exaggeration. I personally don't intend to do anything like that and now I have to redeem my points just because they introduced a mini-event.
    Edited by Dalitrox on March 8, 2021 4:18PM
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    Dalitrox wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like the fact that the developers reset all my abilities even though I didn't intend to. There should be a simple option or information that using the shrines will be free during this time, but not reset all abilities. They seriously reset all my abilities just to redistribute the points in the same way. It's nice that they want to enable the creation of new builds for the new CP system, but without exaggeration. I personally don't intend to do anything like that and now I have to redeem my points just because they introduced a mini-event. [snip]

The resetting of skill points isn't due to the event. It's due to zos discovering that some people had more skill points than they should have due to some cp error so they're fixing the error but have to reset everyone's skill points to get rid of the extras that some people have.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 3:47PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What races were BiS at something but are no longer or are simply now one of equally but differently good choices? I was agreeing about the character change tokens on principle but reading the patch notes, I’m now wondering what race(s) players would want to switch from and why?

I do wish that Bosmer had gotten the lore-appropriate stealth bonus returned and Redguards had gotten more of a buff, but overall all the changes look reasonable and no character has been rendered unfit for their role — a few even made better which I’d made far outside any meta just for fun! :joy:
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    kmkastl wrote: »
    Dalitrox wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like the fact that the developers reset all my abilities even though I didn't intend to. There should be a simple option or information that using the shrines will be free during this time, but not reset all abilities. They seriously reset all my abilities just to redistribute the points in the same way. It's nice that they want to enable the creation of new builds for the new CP system, but without exaggeration. I personally don't intend to do anything like that and now I have to redeem my points just because they introduced a mini-event. [snip]

The resetting of skill points isn't due to the event. It's due to zos discovering that some people had more skill points than they should have due to some cp error so they're fixing the error but have to reset everyone's skill points to get rid of the extras that some people have.

I had something like 100 skill points, but most of them was for quests and others for skyshards. I didn't see anything like get skill point due to CP error, but maybe you are right.
  • BrightflameMDV
    C'mon ZOS just give us the tokens already! Pretty please! It's an easy PR win for you, just go ahead and take it!
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Um, did it ever occur to Zenimax to NOT have people have to do a respec DURING AN EVENT? They couldn't wait two days? REALLY Zenimax? UGH. I do NOT have time to respec all of my toons on a weeknight...meh.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really do appreciate the free respects for two weeks. I've got a lot to figure out with the new CP tree and how to utilize it for my various characters.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--