Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are the most efficient ways of farming transmute crystals?

Fajin
Fajin
✭✭✭
I know of the PvP campaign rewards, they give you a lot but you have to wait at least 7 days (and 30 days for more), what are some faster ways of farming them?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily random is 10, i get 100 a day
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daily Random Dungeon gives you 10 crystals, so if you like doing normal dungeons, that's probably the easiest way if you don't want to wait more than a few days or you want to run dungeons on multiple characters. It's definitely the more repeatable method throughout a month.

If you are willing to wait to the end if the campaign and you like PVP enough to get your 20k AP on however many characters you want, getting 50 crystals per character may be more time efficient than running 5 daily random normal dungeons per character, but YMMV.

Here's an updated list of sources/numbers: https://eso-u.com/articles/updated_pve_sources_for_transmute_crystals_markarth_dlc__update_28
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 3, 2021 2:44PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in this same boat..crystals are the last thing I really need.....even with doing the 2 Undaunted pledges (3 if you have some dlc) on Vet will get you a total of 5 a piece meaning you can get 25 a day, or 20 with no dlc. I realize it's just a waiting game...so eventually I'll have them regardless. However... @Mojmir I'd love to know how you're pulling 100 a day.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I'm in this same boat..crystals are the last thing I really need.....even with doing the 2 Undaunted pledges (3 if you have some dlc) on Vet will get you a total of 5 a piece meaning you can get 25 a day, or 20 with no dlc. I realize it's just a waiting game...so eventually I'll have them regardless. However... @Mojmir I'd love to know how you're pulling 100 a day.

10 tanks, and fast queues i could probably get more but only so much time in the day.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya there's no way on God's green earth that I'm going to level up another 9 characters to get to a normal dungeon just for crystals. I see that a LOT of people have a LOT of different characters....more power to you folks, but doing the same missions just with a different character.....ya no thanks.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya there's no way on God's green earth that I'm going to level up another 9 characters to get to a normal dungeon just for crystals. I see that a LOT of people have a LOT of different characters....more power to you folks, but doing the same missions just with a different character.....ya no thanks.

To be fair, you only have to level the character up to 10. Put a sword and board on and play it as a dps with a taunt. You queue as tank so it's an instant pop and you are guaranteed an easy fast dungeon due to your low level. 10 minutes in and out for 10 crystals and you can get that toon to level 10 in under 15 minutes if you wanted to. If you just want easy transmutes daily it's not much time investment at all.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah....wow was I way off then. I didn't start doing dungeons until I was lvl 50 thinking they were going to be super difficult. Heh...might have to give it a go thanks :)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of doing random normals but what puts me off is that I haven't done a lot of dungeons lately for some time and have a rubbish memory and there's no way I can memorise the mechanics for 30+ dungeons and don't want to annoy people. I wish you got 10 transmute crystals for doing a particular selected dungeon then at least I could watch a YouTube video or read a guide before starting so it's easier to know what your up against. I have done all the dungeons but my memory is horrendous.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of doing random normals but what puts me off is that I haven't done a lot of dungeons lately for some time and have a rubbish memory and there's no way I can memorise the mechanics for 30+ dungeons and don't want to annoy people. I wish you got 10 transmute crystals for doing a particular selected dungeon then at least I could watch a YouTube video or read a guide before starting so it's easier to know what your up against. I have done all the dungeons but my memory is horrendous.

most normals either go so fast the mechanics never happen or they are minimal in damage and can be survived through easy enough
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's a concern, I suggest making a low level character just to do dungeons for a while. The dungeons unlock progressively as you level, so the pool of random dungeons you can get is pretty limited until you hit level 45. So not only will you see the same dungeons again and again as you level, most players will be more understanding of the lower level players who may not know the mechanics exactly.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm random normal dungeon, once a day per character.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do it as a guild group. Three high one low level, steam through, each change toon, rinse repeat. With 10 toons each you'll do 10 easy non DLC dungeons and get 100 crystals a day without problem. Then go do the undaunted pledges. At level 45 the low level gets deleted and recreated. Alternatively do runs with someone who hasn't got ESO+ and the various extras or cancel your ESO+ (yes its crazy - there's an incentive to not have ESO+)

The campaign sign up is also worth it - you'll get a bunch of crystals each campaign cycle for doing nothing but popping in once a week and fixing keep walls.

Once you get to 1000 crystals you start making them into items in sets you have all of, or which are single item (like ring of the wild hunt) so you can deconstruct them back into the same 25 cyrstals. Not that I ever seem to have enough in the first place 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I levelled up 4 magblades on PC NA. Took about 2 hours each to get them ready. No skyshards. No quests. Hardly any skillpoints. No passives. Only entry-level skills. Then PvP in a 30-day campaign until 25K AP. Cloak around where the action is and leech AP. Help with siege and defense. Kill the odd player.

You can start at level 10. Mine are at level 20 now, running Acuity and Oblivion's Foe with random weapons (destro, resto). For current Cyrodiil (on PC) use something like Shacklebreaker + Julianos. Swift jewelry, all cost reduction on jewelry, Breton, Atro mundus, Ghastly Eye Bowl or Fisheye Rye. You will have perma-cloak sustain. Skills something like:

Resto bar:

Swallow Soul
    Concealed Weapon
    Shadowy Disuise
    Rapid Regen
    Rapid Maneuvers
    Any Ultimate

Destro bar:

Swallow Soul
    Soul Trap
    Impale
    Lotus Fan
    Annulment
    Soul Harvest
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The benefit of the 30-day PvP geodes is that they make for good long term storage. For example I had 3K saved at the beginning of Markarth. Note these are character bound, so open the mails on a character you want to use for storage or on your crafter for convenience.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily Randoms can potentially give up to 180 a day. PVP can potentially give 900 a month (1800 if you get tier 3 rewards). That is really about it. They are obviously not mutually exclusive.

For the next few days, go to Cyro at off hours for low pop and double XP. I put 4 toons on the PVP board last night in less than an hour. We were gated and kept getting 7-8k D ticks. Took about 10-15 minutes per toon.

I am pretty tapped on my transmutes currently, thanks sticker book (18 rings of the hunt and a LOT of false god) lol.

My goal by end of the weekend is 15 toons on the 30 day PVP board. I always keep a dozen of the 50 transmute geodes in case of emergency (enough for a complete build from the ground up), but I am down to about 200 otherwise. I also try to run 4-5 tanks a day through a random normal.

If you have a low level friend or alt account without eso+, you can farm random normal pretty fast it seems.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you are on the monthly PvP cycle you will have more than enough every month. It's just the first month there's a wait.

4 toons is 200... and it takes 45mins per toon. Do one toon a week.