Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I bought middle size house. Tell me what should I do for my house?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought middle size house. Tell me, what should I do first for my house?
My character is sitting on one piece of wooden chair in the dark empty huge room now (lol).

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make a lorebrary. You can buy reprints of lore books at the Mages Guilds (once you collect any whole "set"—like "Glenumbra Lore"). Add some bookshelves, some lamps, cozy seating, and pets, and you're set.

Make a gallery of your adventures and your characters' favorite art.

Make a Daedric shrine.

Make a Thieves Den.

Make a mage's indoor garden or workshop.

Whatever you pick, get the storage chests! You can buy them for Writ Vouchers from Rolis Hlaalu or his partner (outside Wayrest/Mournhold/Elden Root). You can get like hundreds of storage slots, like a second bank.

Which house? Based on your description, it's all-interior, no outdoors?

To check out furnishings, eso . mmo-fashion . com has good info on all the different furnishings, and where they come from.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a lorebrary. You can buy reprints of lore books at the Mages Guilds (once you collect any whole "set"—like "Glenumbra Lore"). Add some bookshelves, some lamps, cozy seating, and pets, and you're set.

Make a gallery of your adventures and your characters' favorite art.

Make a Daedric shrine.

Make a Thieves Den.

Make a mage's indoor garden or workshop.

Whatever you pick, get the storage chests! You can buy them for Writ Vouchers from Rolis Hlaalu or his partner (outside Wayrest/Mournhold/Elden Root). You can get like hundreds of storage slots, like a second bank.

Which house? Based on your description, it's all-interior, no outdoors?

To check out furnishings, eso . mmo-fashion . com has good info on all the different furnishings, and where they come from.

I bought old Mistveil Manor in Rift. Big wooden house with nice court yard.
    I bought big and small storage chests at the crown shop.
    Once, I tried to buy it at the merchant shop, but I couldn't.
    Because it's not normal gold money.
    How can I get that special money to buy storage chest at the merchant shop?
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First way to get them is by doing crafting writs. You get those by doing the daily crafting (blacksmith, provisioning, etc.). When you turn those in, there is a chance a special writ will drop. These are blue, purple or gold. Completion of those will earn you the writ voucher amount specified in the writ.

Be warned, aside from the Alchemy and Enchanting writs, you will have to have unlocked recipes for provisioning or motifs AND the trait for the blacksmith, clothing, and woodworking writs. With the latter, you will also have to have access to the crafting points for those sets in the writ. For instance, you will need to have unlocked Wrothgar to craft Julianos, or have a friend who has crafting tables for the set in question. Most of the time the motif will be something you can not obtain from overland quests. Upside is you see what is required to complete the writ without accepting it

Jewelry writs pay out the most. I would not recommend doing any above those requiring blue improvement, or any that require rare traits like swift or harmony unless you already have those mats. Purple and gold improvement mats, as well as rare traits are very, very expensive in guild stores

Second way to get them is by buying these writs from guild traders. Again, you can get writs very cheap but you want to make sure you can complete them. There is usually a reason that a writ that pays 100+ vouchers might only be 1,000 gold

EDIT: You can NOT ask someone to craft these for you or buy the end product at a guild store. You must be the one to make them
    Edited by El_Borracho on March 3, 2021 10:27PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make an outdoor obstacle course? Or a maze?
    PvP needs more love.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Maybe make an outdoor obstacle course? Or a maze?

Like the tree maze of the Kvatch city?
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My character is sitting on one piece of wooden chair in the dark empty huge room now (lol).
    Are you on PC EU? I can take you on a housing tour for some insipiration (not mine, I'm in a guild).
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Are you on PC EU? I can take you on a housing tour for some insipiration (not mine, I'm in a guild).

Thanks!! But sorry, I'm in North-American server.
    I really wish housing tour with you, but I can't.
    If you have Youtube video link which you let me see.
    Please put the link below.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I allowed to make videos of other people's houses? I don't know. There are some on YouTube already, though:

Here's an old medium house I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM24KRpDqbA

Here's what someone made of the Psijic Villa (you won't recognize it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsJa3YB9v4

And, finally, here is my own parkour house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL_RIdK0auY
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're on PC, you could easily make a level 3 character on PC EU, actually. Just switch server at the logon screen.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're on PC, you could easily make a level 3 character on PC EU, actually. Just switch server at the logon screen.

All right. I'll try it.
    But, I'm little bit busy this week for my job, so I'll try it one week later.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All right. I'll try it.
    Sure. Suggest a day and time. I am on GMT. We'd have to meet in the morning or early afternoon, your time, most likely.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to ask yourself what the purpose of the house is for you. For some, they just like to decorate, in which case, only you can decide what you want there.

For me, I only have one residence that I actually you. It serves a few functions.

1. Utility. I have craft stations, storage, transmute, mundus stones, etc.
    2. Training. This might go under utility, but my house is also setup so multiple people can practice on trial dummies at the same time.
    3. Achievement Display. The vast majority of my furnishings are from achievement based rewards, undaunted busts, achievement vendor, etc.
    4. Looks. This is the lowest priority for me (highest for many), but I do of course want it to look cool. I went with sort of a glowing daedric theme. I have the ebonheart chateau or whatever its called (I call it Bearclaw Manor). The courtyard is most of 1-3, but I have decorated the inside to the best of my ability. My main issue is inventory slots for the house. I am pretty much at capacity, so this got the lowest priority.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to ask yourself what the purpose of the house is for you. For some, they just like to decorate, in which case, only you can decide what you want there.

For me, I only have one residence that I actually you. It serves a few functions.

1. Utility. I have craft stations, storage, transmute, mundus stones, etc.
    2. Training. This might go under utility, but my house is also setup so multiple people can practice on trial dummies at the same time.
    3. Achievement Display. The vast majority of my furnishings are from achievement based rewards, undaunted busts, achievement vendor, etc.
    4. Looks. This is the lowest priority for me (highest for many), but I do of course want it to look cool. I went with sort of a glowing daedric theme. I have the ebonheart chateau or whatever its called (I call it Bearclaw Manor). The courtyard is most of 1-3, but I have decorated the inside to the best of my ability. My main issue is inventory slots for the house. I am pretty much at capacity, so this got the lowest priority.

-->> I decided to make basic function for my house as personal base.
    So I want to buy or build maximum size item storage, and every crafting station.

-->>After finished minimum setup, I want to make my house very "Skyrim" looking. Any advice?
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All right. I'll try it.
    Sure. Suggest a day and time. I am on GMT. We'd have to meet in the morning or early afternoon, your time, most likely.

I'm in far east. So, <GMT> 12:00~16:00 is my playing time.
    It's a midnight of my location.
    or weekend( Sat- Sunday) <GMT> 05:00~16:00.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All right. I'll try it.

I know you said you were busy, but If you want to meet this weekend, let me know. It really is only a question of logging on to PC EU, making a default character, skipping the training and setting up your movement keys (in case you don't use the defaults).

I am going to take a break next week and not even update my (housing and other) addons for the new patch. I'm pretty disgusted with the extended Cyrodiil "test" right now and major patches usually create a disaster zone with downtimes and addons not working. Time to take a break. Not sure when I'll come back to play, to be honest, but I'll make time for a house tour. It would have to be from 12:00 to 16:00 GMT, e.g. now or tomorrow - or the week after next. Let me know. I am @fred4 on PC NA and PC EU.
    Edited by fred4 on March 6, 2021 4:37PM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look me up on PC/NA under @M_Volsung and I can show you what I did with my Mistveil, I did it up as a sort of adventurer's retreat with items from all over as a kind of journal of my main's misspent time in Tamriel.

I'm rather proud of how it turned out.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you do really depends on what you want the house to represent to your toon(s). I tend to have a pretty straightforward and boring approach to my houses. I start with a bedroom, move on to a living room or kitchen, sitting room, crafting area, etc. Just a house for them to hang out. Some people like to make houses according to their fandoms (Dr. Who, Harry Potter, etc.). Others like to make obstacle courses or booby-trapped mazes to keep their guests entertained. Whether you choose to make a living space, playground, or fantasy build is up to you. There are a lot of YouTube channels dedicated to housing where they tour players' homes in their videos. It's great for inspiration, and the only thing you have to keep in mind is that consoles don't have access to the add-ons that some people use. Even without add-ons, there are endless possibilities. Good luck with your housing!
    Edited by LadySinflower on March 6, 2021 6:02PM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All right. I'll try it.

I know you said you were busy, but If you want to meet this weekend, let me know. It really is only a question of logging on to PC EU, making a default character, skipping the training and setting up your movement keys (in case you don't use the defaults).

I am going to take a break next week and not even update my (housing and other) addons for the new patch. I'm pretty disgusted with the extended Cyrodiil "test" right now and major patches usually create a disaster zone with downtimes and addons not working. Time to take a break. Not sure when I'll come back to play, to be honest, but I'll make time for a house tour. It would have to be from 12:00 to 16:00 GMT, e.g. now or tomorrow - or the week after next. Let me know. I am @fred4 on PC NA and PC EU.

I've finished my job task today. So, I'll build EU character.
    If I'm ready for login EU server, I'll inform timing (GMT).
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does your HOA allow subletting?
    PC NA
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Edited by SpiritofESO on June 29, 2024 5:18PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~