The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

If you delete all of your characters do you lose everything you bought in the crown store?

Cromulent
Cromulent
I was just wondering if you would lose everything that you bought in the crown store if you deleted all of your characters? I haven't played Elder Scrolls Online properly for a long time and I've forgotten what most of my characters were doing so I was going to delete them all and start again from scratch.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I shouldn't imagine so.

I think it only let's you delete 3 in a short window though. Then you have to wait to delete more.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it, but I can't see why you would. When you delete a character you only lose things specific to that character like titles, achievements completed, mount training, motifs learned etc. anything which is account wide is saved even if that character unlocked it.

But if I was you I wouldn't delete all of them yet. I'd start a new character first (delete 1 if you need space) and play them to familiarise yourself with the game again. Then when you feel like you know what you're doing again have a look at your other characters, you might find once you remember more about the game you remember or can work out what they were doing. Or you might decide you want to keep them anyway because of what they've unlocked.

You might still end up deleting them, but at least then it will be an informed decision.
    Edited by Danikat on March 3, 2021 9:41AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    Delete a toon to make another of the same seems silly.
    You can change skills, stats, cp's, races, looks, alliances, etc etc.

Just remake them to suit your style!
    Options
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know the PTS isn't proof positive that it'll work the same on Live servers, but I wondered this once too. I was curious to know if my Motif knowledge disappeared if I deleted my crafter. Then I wanted to know if deleting ALL characters mattered (since they knew/used some of the styles via the Outfit system). I also worried about Crown Store unlocks.

Long story short; I deleted every character, shut down and restarted my PC (you know, "to be sure"), fired the PTS back up, and made a normal new one (not the template char that gives access to everything) -- all my motif knowledge and Crown Store stuff was there, safe & sound! :smiley:

Back in the day there was this big bad bug that made items one character placed in the bank (or was it storage containers?) totally disappear if you deleted that character; making them "lost" to all other characters on that account. ZOS fixed it, and I think they learned their lesson there; nothing like that has happened since.
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it on EU. Everything remained except what was in the character's inventory. I zapped them all for reasons then ended up making a new character later for reasons, so that's how I know LOL.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a warning, I've been told that if you're at Champion Point levels and you delete yours characters you lose all yout champion points. I believe your collectibles remain untouched.
    Options
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete a toon to make another of the same seems silly.
    You can change skills, stats, cp's, races, looks, alliances, etc etc.

Just remake them to suit your style!

Half of those things you mentioned require $$.

Also your account stuff like cosmetics are account bound, not character bound, so they are safe; as long as you don't delete your account.
    Edited by DreamsUnderStars on March 5, 2021 3:09PM
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a warning, I've been told that if you're at Champion Point levels and you delete yours characters you lose all yout champion points. I believe your collectibles remain untouched.

Unless this is a recent change, when I zapped every EU character then months later made a new one the CPs from my old main were still there, I think it was around 320, and I put them in place on the new level 1.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options