Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Making the switch from high crit to high damage

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing as how crit is getting nuked across the board I figured I'd try out high damage for my Magcro. Sets I'd use (after switching Mundus stone to Apprentice):

Rattlecage jewelry and staff
Burning Spellweave light armor
Molag Kena helm, shoulders (for bosses, Sellitrix for everything else)

All armor Divine, jewelry Bloodthristy, staff nirnhoned, Maelstrom staff infused.

Anything I'm missing...something glaringly stupid? I see the 8% hit on ability usage, and I'm ok with it. Thanks for any insight.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think that crit will be king next patch. Other than perhaps some DW options becoming viable for magic on dummies and melee fights, I don't see meta gear really changing all that much. I do think we are going to see a decrease in the gap between Meta and some of the 2nd and 3rd place options, but best will still be best.

Also, there are better ways to stack spell damage than Rattlecage. Plenty of better ways to get Major Sorcery that dont eat up a 5 piece set bonus.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what those are besides Rattlecage...I haven't seen any (at least for the DLC that I have).
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I'd love to know what those are besides Rattlecage...I haven't seen any (at least for the DLC that I have).

You either slot Degeneration or drink potions.
    PS | EU
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah....that...ya I've slotted degeneration currently, but the buff only lasts 20 seconds whereas Channeled Acceleration crit buff lasts 36...so I was opting for that. My current Juliano/Medusa has the crit buff...but frankly I miss the mobility of Channeled Acceleration.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DigiAngel well, the DoT only lasts 10 seconds so you should reapply it to the boss every 10 seconds which makes the 20 seconds of Major Sorcery last the entire fight anyways.
    PS | EU
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True...I like the idea of a...dual use slot..I dunno..I'm torn between the 2 really....I'll have to mess around with them I guess :) Thank you!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Degen is very common on Magcros. Anyone serious about DPS is going to run spell pots in group content, even if they already have another source of major sorcery. It’s too important of a buff and spell pots means it’s at 100% uptime.

Not saying you can’t do viable damage with rattlecage but I think there are better options.

FalseGod/Medusa is an excellent combo for close to meta damage, great sustain, mobility and plenty of room for a shield or spammable if you need it. It has become my go to on magcro for a lot of content and you can pull right around 100k on a dummy with a static rotation.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks....yes I'm hoping at some point to get the DLC with False God's....one day maybe :)