Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Grimtooth
Grimtooth
✭✭✭
I just ran MA for the 6th time & yesterday was the 1st time I received MA gear, "this being in normal mode". In Vet mode, I can't get passed the Spider Daedra Boss because she spits without warning that does 60-70k dmg. I been running ALCAST's 1bar Sorc & WW builds and neither one can withstand that amount of dmg fully buffed with sigils running. Both builds are all gold geared up. Watching the youtube video's that ALCAST & others have made are on the PTS. So how much different are they on the PTS vs. the live server? In Vet mode, the obelisk never glow to help with the swarm of spiders and on the one occasion that one did, she just spits without warning and you die because she hits you with 2-3x your health.

Best Answer

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it sounds like you are experiencing a glitch that sometimes occurs in Level 6. One of your obelisks is covered but the webs do not appear. All you can do is port out, port back in, and hope the glitch clears. As you are also not getting the cue to bash the boss and she is just attacking, this is what it sounds like to me.

If you can't burn her down using the power sigil and ulti method, the best thing to do is drop your AOEs on her and continue to clear obelisks until they are actually clear. Its a pain, I've experienced this too.
    Answer ✓
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much everyone who tried that fight without knowing the mechanics is experiencing this.
    The boss enrages over time, so unless you can burst it fast enough, you need to use the obelisks to debuff it. To debuff it all obelisks have to glow at the same time. You do this by
    - killing the spider that puts a web on the obelisk fast (it will respawn from time to time, can be hard to see
    - throwing the remains of the bugs at obelisks that have a web on them (or killing the bugs right next the obelisk)
    When no obelisk is covered by a web, the boss will be stunned, have his damage buff reset to zero and will take increased damage while stunned. Depending on your dps one stun phase might be enough. If not, you can repeat it until the boss is dead.
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    I know the mechanics, I've done normal several times. What I was saying was that on Vet mode. I can have all the obelisks clear and do what you are suppose to get them lit, but they don't. They all stay dark the whole time and the Spider doesn't enrage, she just stands there, does nothing and you just die from her spit. I never see it coming, no movement from her. I can't even bash her, it's like she isn't there, but my Staff or claws do damage but nothing else does. And she never get's stunned. But her attacks and the swarm's keep coming. When she pops up, death is only seconds away, though once I got her down to about 10% health running for my life the whole time, shields/attack/heals/attack/shields etc., and with the lag in PvE as bad as PvP right now, there's no use running vet mode.