The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DODGE ROLL is broke

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice now its happened to it can't be a one off thing

MID Dodge Roll I just STAND UP STRAIGHT cause I got interrupted, surely the whole point in a dodge roll is to STOP this from happening, no one can be in the middle of a roll and just stand up straight with ease
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is outside PvP (where even ultimates can fully go off on the client without being acknowledged by the server), then I think this sounds like a bug that was prevalent a year ago and seems to be back.

When dodge roll is used to clear this bug, it looks exactly like you described — the animation is cancelled halfway through even when there’s no enemy around to interrupt. In that case, the interrupted dodge is a sign that the bug has been cleared (for now). I remember this happening a lot during the Jester’s festival last year, when my toons consistently got into a weird state where barswapping itself cost stamina and stam regen was 0. This was part of the thing ZOS called a “UI bug” but which was obviously not limited to the UI, because I could bar swap until I ran out of stamina and then I couldn’t bar swap anymore. (It would flash the stam bar to tell me I didn’t have the stam to do that.) Roll dodging would clear the problem most of the time, but the first dodge would result in that strange interrupted animation as if I’d animation cancelled the dodge. After that stam would start working again and roll dodge would look normal.

I know there is a stam regen bug back on live now which is very similar to the one from last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if what you’re seeing is related to it.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭