The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Clockwork crafting stations

Czeri
Czeri
✭✭✭✭
Having recently purchased the Observatory I've decided to try and furnish it in a matching style. But when I opened the store and looked at the prices, I nearly choked. Did you guys see that? One crafting station is 3,500 crowns, so you'd need a whopping 25,500 crowns for all of them (including an outfit station for 4,500)! And after all that, you wouldn't even have a whole set, because there is no clockwork jewellery station available. That's insane! That's double the price of the house!

To be fair, the vanilla crafting stations are also eye-wateringly expensive with 3000 crowns each, but no one in their right mind would ever spend any money on them when they are easily available through gameplay.

I think it's high time crafting stations got bundled together and heavily discounted. Otherwise I just don't see how anyone would ever buy them...
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

I've always felt a lot of the Crown Store stuff was priced spit-in-your-face insultingly high, but yeah... you've pretty much found some of the most egregious stuff around, right there. Shameful.

The only advice I can offer is, don't buy them with crowns. Grind up the gold, and get what you need through TRUSTWORTHY (especially for such large purchases!) Crown sellers. It'll take forever unless you're rolling Scrooge McDuck-ing in gold, but it's doable in-game, at least.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 28, 2021 2:47PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy crafting stations from Guild Traders for gold. You can also buy them from the Master Writ Vendors. I've never purchased any from the Guild Store.

Most generic crafting stations (PC NA) are around 35K Gold except for the Jewelry station which goes for around 120K Gold.

You can also get the Transmute station with gold or with Writ Vouchers.

Good luck with your house!
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    You can buy crafting stations from Guild Traders for gold. You can also buy them from the Master Writ Vendors. I've never purchased any from the Guild Store.

Most generic crafting stations (PC NA) are around 35K Gold except for the Jewelry station which goes for around 120K Gold.

You can also get the Transmute station with gold or with Writ Vouchers.

Good luck with your house!

@JanTanhide
    But not the Clockwork versions, which is what OP is talking about. Unless I'm mistaken, these are Crown-exclusive items; only purchasable through the in-game housing store. (At an outrageous price for the full set.)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree! I’ve bought Crown houses and furnishing packs and splurged on some houseguests and furnishings I really like, but the Crown price of crafting stations is just absurd! I think 1k Crowns might be reasonable and still a significant investment if you wanted the whole set. I once started a thread about a Clockwork jewelry station not being available but at these prices, whatever. :confused:

I would LOVE to see more styles of crafting stations added like the Elsweyr grill for master writs! :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I'd buy them at a reasonable price, but this is utter madness.