The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forum game: Back in my day

• Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day, there were different types of feed for the horse and that determined the trait that was boosted ( and I think it was dedicated to one trait per horse? )
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day...

We had new builds popping up on Battlemaster's Corner every week or two!

Oh, btw... back in my day, we had Battlemaster's Corner, too.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my days ... Doshia was a name that was instilling fear.
    Edited by preevious on March 3, 2021 11:04PM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day, there were different types of feed for the horse and that determined the trait that was boosted ( and I think it was dedicated to one trait per horse? )

Oh this, you had to buy every horse and then feed all of them in the thing they were good, so you could switch horse depending on what you wanted to do!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day you had to recover the deed to an inn room from a skooma peddler so you could move in for free.

Back in my day you had to figure out what type of water you were fishing in, as well as which types of bait work best for that type of water.

Back in my day you could open a container in your inventory without it resetting your inventory filters.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day... there were deer in Cyrodiil and PvP buffs outside of Cyrodiil.

Back in my day the Wolves of Cyrodiil would attack and kill the Deer of Cyrodiil in their pathing and I thought this random interaction was the most creative thing in the game.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *old woman voice*

Back in my day...

CWC stood for Cracked Wood Cave.

Grinding vet levels.

You guys remember....

Especially those of you who ganked people grinding there :p
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my day the skill "Rally" had a heal every two seconds :'(
    This were good times....
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Back in my day you had to figure out what type of water you were fishing in, as well as which types of bait work best for that type of water.

Yep this was when I got my Master Angler... before Artaeum Pickled Fishbowl too.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    back in my day I used an imperial with sword and board... because that what it was supposed to be good at.

:#
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenthel wrote: »
    Back in my day;

Soloing anything in Craglorn was a miracle.

Craglorn was a [snip], if people were not at the same stage in the quest, you couldn't help them or join.

People complained so much about losing 2 skill points to Sheogorath.

There were veteran levels (the reason why dungeons are separated into normal and veteran).

DKs were the absolute king and unless you played Magicka, you sucked (Elder Staves Online/Elder Sorcs Online)

There were no Addons.

We had loyalty rewards for being subscribed.

[edited for profanity bypass]

Now we complain about the lost tutorial skill point

I created a character in Elswyr, played through the tutorial, decided I needed to fix some things in her appearance and her name, remade her in another character slot and then skipped the tutorial the next time because I had already done it. I forgot about that point until leveling her to 50 and it has upset me to this day 😩
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my day major buffs... was actually major buffs.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back in my day... 30k DPS was OP B)
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day, you had to walk to the dungeon (up hill, both ways) and the only Group Finder involved the people loitering outside the front door.

In the snow, even.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day long before my first character was ever 50, and before I knew anything about set bonuses, what skills to use, etc. even overland was fun and challenging (and I’ll never forget meeting Doshia that first time! <shudders>). Tamriel was a huge wonderful unknown world to explore. I had only briefly played other TES games because I enjoyed MMOs more than offline games. That was April 2014. Now, it will soon be April 2021, and I have to say I love ESO in an entirely different way.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back in my days a subscription was mandatory, and you got loyalty rewards from it.

A veteran dungeon was not the same as a normal one, now they're called 1and 2.

The extreme hype if getting a monster helm drop when it wasn't guaranteed (Skoria, looking at you!).
    EU PC
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day I reflected Meteors back at people
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in beta any anchor was an open opportunity to party.... :D

firedance(3).bmp?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Back in my day...

We had new builds popping up on Battlemaster's Corner every week or two!

Oh, btw... back in my day, we had Battlemaster's Corner, too.

They presented most OP builds in gamehistory :D
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my day, before CP and when there were softcaps on stats, many players dropped 64 attribute points into health, and used enchantments/gear to balance out the rest for their intended role. I could go from PVE healing to PVE tanking to PVP ready mostly by switching gear out and some skills. You didn't need to drop thousands in gold to respec attributes, skills/morphs or CP as you do now.
  • Fajin
    Fajin
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my day dungeons weren't lvl locked in LFG, you could choose multiple roles and a party didn't require you to have 2 DD, 1 Tank, 1 Heal.

Also top DPS was like 30k and Morrowind was just coming out.