Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Companions

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feedback on the PTS is pretty underwhelming. More grind, more inventory management, for a squishy wet noodle in combat. And a "Rapport System"? You end up with a companion who does pretty much nothing except occupies space and takes a hike if you don't talk to it enough. I can already see 20 of these things running around Vivec blocking crafting stations. I'll pass.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Newly returned to the game and preordered the new Dlc. Just a question about companions, and I couldn’t find an answer anywhere that was 100% yes or no. Does anyone know for sure if companions take the place of a ‘real player’ when queuing for a dungeon? Or will there be 4 players/4 bots in everything? As if the lag wasn’t bad enough...

Companions take a player slot for group activities like Dungeons & Trials
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Hack the minotaurs new vid where he leveled up the companions and shows their skills & fighting. And I went on PTS and got Mirri to level 4 did daily mage/fighter/undaunted quests and Elden Hollow 2 (did 2 instead of 1 because pledge). I will say I like the companions so far.

1. I think some cooldowns are too long and some damage can be buffed but overall they seem very usable

2. on hacks vid he had bastian blocking heavy attacks from world boss and that looks pretty good

3. with Mirri on the dungeon she died several times but only at the end, against shadow guard, she dropped the AOE on Mirri but unlike other time when Mirri actual was rolling out of red, she just stood there, I rezzed her 3 times

4. On Bogdan Mirri didn't get any fire dropped on her but on dragon stomp she died instantly every time, I rezed each time

5. combat metric didn't have the damage output for Mirri (or couldn't find it) so I don't know how much she was doing, but I like that she does lots of light attacks 800, and it did seem slightly better than pure solo

I actually think there is massive potential for these companions. I can see as DD or healer they could be much better than standard pug pretty easily, as tank they'll be way better the fake tank but not as good as OK real tank. So this could solve the fake tank problem, for instance, any time you see a fake tank immediately kick, pull out companion.

Ideally if we can do all normal dungeons and group arenas with them it will be a success. And I think we should be allowed to also do Vet content with them. I think a super easy way to make this possible would be to just buff the companion damage/health etc by the same amount as monsters in vet when they enter. Kind of like 'battle spirit for vet dungeons'.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea... i don't think am getting blackwood at the rate.........
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that if you're using the Party Finder it will only look for players and fill the group with players even if a companion is active atm.
    So to bring a companion into a dungeon you'd have to enter it manually.
    And I still think the group cap will be 4 with or without companions.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that if you're using the Party Finder it will only look for players and fill the group with players even if a companion is active atm.
    So to bring a companion into a dungeon you'd have to enter it manually.
    And I still think the group cap will be 4 with or without companions.

Companions fill a player slot for a group in group content.

So if you are in a dungeon with 3 players and a companion that counts as 4.

You would have to put the companion away to allow group finder to search for another player.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyclone wrote: »
    I can't wait to finally get my dungeons done at MY pace.

that is exactly what i have been looking for as well.
    including maybe looking at the scenery, or reading the notes and books that are in the dungeon, or even doing dps that isnt as awesome as others.
    and also able to start a dungeon without waiting 3 days for a good healer. because people had my name as "dont add to group" list.
    things like that ...
    i mainly pvp, so im not that great in pve and i understand that, but, those kinds of things got me alot of hate whispers and hate mail and being kicked out of group, and got me bullied and harrassed.
    i hated it.
    now we and those who think and play like me are able to join the fun without being hated.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 22, 2021 8:55PM
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a thread in pts that I found confirming that it doesn't work with 2olayer 2 companion for random nm. Which I was hoping would work ☹️☹️☹️
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    There is a thread in pts that I found confirming that it doesn't work with 2olayer 2 companion for random nm. Which I was hoping would work ☹️☹️☹️

then we need to ask for companion buffs.