The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How you can make those CWC gathering quests easier for fellow players!

JoeCapricorn
JoeCapricorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Imagine this, you're in Clockwork City, there's a lot of other people in Clockwork City, and many have the quest to gather Synthetic Oils from water sources.

But there aren't a lot of water nodes around. Also, you have something like 25,000 Lorkhan's Tears in your crafting bag... not exactly thirsty.

So when you find a node, instead of taking all of it, just take the Synthetic Oils. This allows that node to be gathered by another player, and they will also be able to get Synthetic Oils from it.

This is just an example. This works with all of the gathering quests, I just tested it with metallic fibers from cloth sources with a guildie. That doesn't mean I will do it with every node - ore, cloth and runestones seem to be fairly common, wood is less so but still available, while alchemy (if that satchel only contains White Cap... I may just leave those in there) and water sources seem to be the rarest.

Another secret that I learned is that those quests can also be completed in Blackreach, but I haven't tested that myself.

I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd support that. Make CWC nodes smart, not just reskin versions of the base game's
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy, take down the # of nodes from 6 to 2.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when you find a node, instead of taking all of it, just take the Synthetic Oils. This allows that node to be gathered by another player, and they will also be able to get Synthetic Oils from it.

This is just an example. This works with all of the gathering quests, I just tested it with metallic fibers from cloth sources with a guildie.

I didn't realize that they work that way! I'll start looting the quest items and leaving the node's normal contents.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have autoloot on and not willing to be picky because poorly designed daily. Also I keep habit of harvesting most nodes of any type I pass by, It's *** double drops. Too bad. I've done the daily myself and while it's painfully uninteresting, had no problem with cloth and rune nodes at least. If some node type is truly annoyingly rare, I'd abandon and pick it up again until I get to fight of some more common nodes. (I dont know of that particular quest but that works for all other annoying random task quests I've tried.)

Edit: I just checked that Herbalist satchel nodes in Blackreach do work for this daily. I'd guess scrap wood and torn cloth too. No idea about rune and water nodes but it's worth a try if the fight for nodes gets too intense.
    Edited by rpa on February 28, 2021 12:16PM
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to collect Herbalist satchels yesterday and I found only one when running from The Shadow Cleft to The Halls of Regulation, so I went to Blackreach and found five right off the bat.

I'd imagine it works for all of the quests.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great but... autoloot
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Blackreach "trick" only works for certain nodes. Herbalist Satchels, Torn Cloth and Scrap Wood, as well. It is most useful for the Herbalist Satchels.

If the node appears unaltered, it will only be obtainable in Clockwork City.

I don't use autoloot, but I have been leaving the rest of the node be for certain things. Sometimes a runestone gives nothing but Denima and Jejota, which I don't need more of. But if the node has something I do want more of, like a Mundane Rune or a Kuta, I loot the whole thing.