The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finding gear/jewelry sets

Morguloth
Morguloth
✭✭
Question, with ESO having no central auction house how do players track down the items they're looking for? For myself I'm currently Easter Egg hunting for gear sets and it seems like a ton of leg work, is there a strategy you guys use?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pc people use fancy add-ons. For us on console, we have to manually travel to every single trader to search.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most PC folks use tamriel trader. It can help but for some stuff there are people who clearly continually query it for items and as soon as one appears cheap run and grab it then resell it for loads more.

For common stuff and sticker book filling I've found that I did better simply checking out the low price items at any merchant I happen to be passing and buying a selection I didn't have.

Too many toons not enough time
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called farming. Go out into the wilds of the zones and kill things, then you will gradually get all the sets needed for your sticker book at minimal cost (your armour will need the odd repair). Why would you pay for sets you can farm yourself?
  • Morguloth
    Morguloth
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

THANK YOU so much, already found most of what I needed using this :)
  • Morguloth
    Morguloth
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Its called farming. Go out into the wilds of the zones and kill things, then you will gradually get all the sets needed for your sticker book at minimal cost (your armour will need the odd repair). Why would you pay for sets you can farm yourself?

Well I'm tracking down legendary level gear so it's easier for me to just buy them.