The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should there be a separate random vet DLC and non DLC que?

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭
Okay, hear me out.
I do love vet DLC dungeons, I like to meet new people and overall I didn’t have THAT many bad experiences.

I also know that, a lot of people who que for random vet don’t want to do DLC dungeons. Either they are very new, don’t know mechs, still learning how to play as their role, don’t have gear, or simply don’t enjoy challenging content.

I am more than happy to explain mechs and help out, but not everybody is like that, especially if we have one really underperforming dd or tank that doesn’t understand his role quite well yet, I get it that the other dd might not be feeling like carrying.

I do que DLC specific, usually wait 40min-1 hour as a healer, but when I finally get a group, people leave instantly because they just don’t want to do a DLC.

Also, when I get into DLC and we are grouped with 300cp guy, the other guys usually vote to kick him instantly. If I agree I feel bad, if I disagree the other high cp leaves and we might not find replacement fast enough and the group falls apart.

I would like vet DLC and regular vets to be separate que, that newish players can experience vet content without the stress, OR that you can “unlist” DLC dungeons altogether with queuing for a random vet.

Also, if the queues were to be separated, maybe there could be some kind of info, explaining new players that DLC vet is usually more challenging than the regular vet.

I remember long time ago being fresh 300cp, had no idea that DLC dungeons were harder, got into vet FH and it was just a disaster...I was dying all the time, was called a lot of bad names, and finally got voted out. I was just feeling like *** afterwards, and wouldn’t like for new players to go through the same experience.

I do love vet DLC now, and would like the option for people to choose to do whatever they like to do :)

TLDR; Noticed a lot of low cps getting bullied in vet DLCs. Groups fall apart at the beginning when put into vet DLC coz some players don’t want to do them. Should there be separate que?
Edited by Alutora on February 26, 2021 3:40AM

Should there be a separate random vet DLC and non DLC que? 15 votes

Yes, separate vet DLC and regular vet!
73%
Mojmirmanny254HidesFromSunLarianafizl101svendfCrashTestMilli_RabbitAlutoraMirandaSharpFaded 11 votes
No, keep all dungeons together!
26%
XuhoraKuratWyrd88Tberg725 4 votes
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, keep all dungeons together!
    New players, low cp or just low skilled casuals can do normals. And if they wanna try vets then they should play with guildys/friends first to learn and improve.
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, separate vet DLC and regular vet!
    They should, but it’s not the reality. The game doesn’t explain to you that DLC are more difficult. Game doesn’t even tell you that you should stick to normal till 160cp, so you often times you get disoriented cp300 ish new player in vet Frostvault, and it’s not really their fault.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alutora wrote: »
    Also, if the queues were to be separated, maybe there could be some kind of info, explaining new players that DLC vet is usually more challenging than the regular vet.

I remember long time ago being fresh 300cp, had no idea that DLC dungeons were harder, got into vet FH and it was just a disaster...I was dying all the time, was called a lot of bad names, and finally got voted out. I was just feeling like *** afterwards, and wouldn’t like for new players to go through the same experience.

I would just like to point out that if you actually read Urgarlag's (the orc lady that gives DLC dungeons pledges) text when you unlock Undaunted on a character for the first time, she will in fact tell you that the quests she provides are harder than that of the other Undaunted quest givers, loud and clear ;) It's not a jab in your direction or anything, I just find it amusing how apparently oh so many people skip the quest dialogue then get surprised as things turn out to be different than they expected. To be fair though, given the amount of these people, perhaps a more noticeable reminder is in order even in the current system, or perhaps at least make Urgarlag say it before every pledge and not just the ffirst time.

Far as the actual question, I don't mind either way. I would definitely prefer DLC-specific queue myself, but I already kinda have it - I select all the vet dlc in 'specific dungeon' search and queue xD I don't get random vet reward that way but oh well. I do feel that a benefit of the current system is it will get newer people into harder content that they otherwise might be too afraid to try out. Yes, they're likely to fail or get carried, but there's very little place to learn in the game - basically nothing short of vet dlc's will prepare them for vet dlc's (doing normals barely teaches you anything and certainly gives you no pointers as for when your dps/healing/tanking is not quite there) so might as well throw them in as soon as possible so they can start improving.

If the queue was to be separated, I think the DLC one should provide higher reward. Because harder content SHOULD provide higher reward as incentive to do it, it only makes sense.
    Edited by Magdalina on February 28, 2021 5:31PM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares? Would never run a random vet anyway, if I'm doing vet it's in a pre-made group