The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Salothan's Curse" daily quest , wraiths and this event

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
So this quest requires you to kill four Wraiths.

Not exactly easy when, thanks to the event, there are so many players around, it takes only one actual player to kill a wraith quite easily, and you have to somehow find four of them.

Doesn't help when people who have already killed four, camp the spawning points to make sure that others who want to hand in this quest actually can't find and kill a wraith either.

Do you have to kill them within the area circle, or will ANY wraiths do (as in I can go somewhere else and look where there are not 30 players competing)?

And can you make more of them spawn, just for the event?
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:14PM
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLE, I just did it on my healer in 5 mins, the initial rush has ended.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, lucky you, there was a posse of 40 players chasing wraiths when I was there... I managed to get a few lucky hits in fortunately and complete the quest...
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the case for all the world boss quest. Best to avoid them during events like this.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all world boss dailies require you to chase ordinary monsters too. It was actually worse waiting for the wraiths than for the Council...
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a WB group together is the best way around this.

As VaranisArano said, you get credit if you are close enough (I was afk at the wayshrine once and got my wraiths without even realizing).
    The Moot Councillor
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait til you gotta fight people over water nodes in Clockwork City...
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

Any node, really. Nyaaaaah crafting mat farmers, go to Vvadenfell pleeeeease. 😐
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try killing kwama...
    Took me 20 minutes for 8 kwama cause these spawn slow and are camped by 25ppl
    Awake, but at what cost
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

or like, ANYWHERE else?!
    They'd get more drops anyway.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you think I'm at Vvardenfell? I don't want to compete with dozens of other farmers in that small an area. You'd have to be some kind of masochistic to do that imo.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, indeed, what a shame that some of the Clockwork City dailies require you to farm crafting materials *in Clockwork City* and its surrounding lands, farming them in Vvardenfell just won't work.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or like, ANYWHERE else?!

Except you can get event reward boxes from nodes-- in Vvardenfell, at least (I haven't been to Clockwork City yet, but I would assume it's the same there).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

or like, ANYWHERE else?!

Except you can get event reward boxes from nodes-- in Vvardenfell, at least (I haven't been to Clockwork City yet, but I would assume it's the same there).

Wait you can get event boxes from crafting nodes?

*oooo*
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or like, ANYWHERE else?!

*oooo*

@coop500 the Tribunal Boxes can drop from all containers in the events zones. Which means mat nodes, an barrel, crate or sack you may loot, as well as corpses of dead monsters. Drop rate isn't fantastic but it isn't abysmal either, think I got five or six in half an hour without working very hard. Enjoy.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

or like, ANYWHERE else?!

*oooo*

@coop500 the Tribunal Boxes can drop from all containers in the events zones. Which means mat nodes, an barrel, crate or sack you may loot, as well as corpses of dead monsters. Drop rate isn't fantastic but it isn't abysmal either, think I got five or six in half an hour without working very hard. Enjoy.

PILLAGE THE WORLD

Ahem, I mean, just those dang dark elves
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I do a dungeon daily
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nm solved
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 3, 2021 3:16AM
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it's bugged.. I've done the quest twice now, used AOEs, still got no wraith kills.

Edit: My bad... I was thinking the wraiths spawned along with the bosses, but they're in the area around the bosses. Just a slow respawn and if you're not there right when they spawn, they're gone.
    Edited by GoldenGirl on January 27, 2022 6:47PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still find this type of quest less annoying than say the imperfect WB in clockwork city that you have to loot an item from either the WB or those nodes (looting WB can be hard with 40 players on it, and those nodes with the side objective also can only be looted by 1 person before having to respawn)

at least there are some of those nodes down in the valley under the bridge to make it easier to get done
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wish we could just kill the boss and skip the “go collect X number of other stuff.” It’s the collecting (I.e., waiting for respawns) that takes the most time.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helps when players don't nuke them from orbit to show off their l33t d33ps. One hit is all it takes. I usually light attack each one once then try to pull it out into the open so other players can see them.