The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyroskill (video) - the best time to pvp in cyrodil is now

HiImRex
HiImRex
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/glcCdqk9RHI

Underneath the shadow of malacath and all of the proc sets that deal damage and heal for you, ESO still has a fun, well-designed combat system. When light attacks no longer proc random dawnbreakers (Syvarra's Scales), crit charge doesn't auto place a 2k DPS dot on your entire group (Unleashed Terror / Merciless Charge), lightning heavies don't channel for 15k damage, etc. the game's combat is much more rewarding. Blocking matters more, dodging matters more, positioning, timing your burst, working as a team, all these things matter so much more when the game plays as intended. It's not perfect, but it's still great fun when it works.

This is also probably the only time we can experience this kind of combat in ESO. If you like pvp, to go out there with your friends and play and relearn and remaster the basic gameplay mechanics again. The stuff we've all forgotten ever since a wobbly beam started melting everyone for us.

The best times to play are Grayhost morning to early afternoon, Blackreach after that is playable until it hits triple bar+.

GL out there.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s kinda wild how fast zergs won’t kill you when they are forced to hit abilities; and lightning heavy attacks don’t do gigabusted damage for no reason.

For the Queen bby
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressive!
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best time because performance is ***. Best time is during MYM event
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    and again talk about skill on stamplar ahahah. getclouser, spam spam spam ..... oops vigor, rollodge and repeat
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    just kidding just kidding, this is a skill
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see this on console, if just for one patch
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrooneskill Jabs, jabs jabs 😁
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on February 25, 2021 2:09PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I noticed watching the video was the genuine joy you and your group had playing the game. It's not something I now hear or come across very often.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best times to play are Grayhost morning to early afternoon, Blackreach after that is playable until it hits triple bar+.

Sigh performance.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I noticed watching the video was the genuine joy you and your group had playing the game. It's not something I now hear or come across very often.

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this and wanted to explain.

The people in this video mainly learned to pvp together in Cyrodil years ago. We started out bad but we got good together. After that, we all took long breaks from ESO and only recently started pvping together again.

We've been through enough in Cyro that we know what to expect. We're not really thinking about what the game used to be or could be. We play when we know it would be enjoyable and stop when it's not. We take game mechanics seriously but we're also just messing around in comms at the same time. I think PVP in this game could be really fun if you just take it for what it is and play around its faults.

Also, solo pvp is a bit overrated imo. Playing in a small group of friends is way more enjoyable and more mechanically interesting.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the magsorcpocalypse? I was promised a magsorcpocalypse. :/
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are Wardens still as unkillable? please tell me that the high damage tank meta is gone in Cyro!!!
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    are Wardens still as unkillable? please tell me that the high damage tank meta is gone in Cyro!!!

Not gone, but definitely better. You can build tanky with damage still but it's not out of control.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »

Not gone, but definitely better. You can build tanky with damage still but it's not out of control.

that's very reassuring!!
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta lay down DOTs on them. Like several. People just don't understand, even when advice is being given in zone to do this. They just think LA over and over is going to do the trick...then brag in zone they killed somebody. Nope, it was the DOTs that were placed on the player and built up to the point where a person using LA could take them out.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭

They are killable all of them
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    SHARE THE BUILD ₚₗₛ