The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC/NA Grayhost Cyro [Update 2] 2nd Night in Main Cyro Campaign - Performance Needs Major Improvement

Shogun54
Shogun54
✭✭
This is based on my gameplay in Grayhost Cyrodiil on the night of 23 Feb 2021 between 8:30 and 11:45 PM Central. I was leading a group of approximately 6-10 and another guild member was leading a group near us of about 6-10 (both varried through the night). Although this feedback is not uniform across all guild members, I can report a solid majority experienced some or all of the following:

- Compared to feedback given for the night of 22 Feb, this was an overall improvement, but that should be seen as relative to how bad Monday was. I need to emphasize that Tuesday was nowhere near acceptable in terms of what we need to see in Cyro or what we have recently seen in terms of acceptable performance

- Lag remained almost Harrowstorm bad - this is especially true for the first two hours of gameplay

- Desync's are really bad and are causing damage to happen without any indicator occurring that you are taking damage or standing where you shouldn't be. This can't happen in a PvP environment if we expect to play an even basic game in Cyrodiil. There are too many instances of this to count, but it is happening with both siege and abilities. At one point at an outpost fight a coldfire was damaging and killing players without any idea of an AOE or anything like that

- Felt like playing in slower motion. Can't emphasize enough that this persists even if lag gets a little better, the slow motion or lack of speed buffs (steed mundus, RAT, etc...) seems lacking even if they should be active

- Skills still aren't firing properly and maybe only firing once every three or four times (radiating regen / illustrious healing) - Some skills are even worse than that like Proxy and Purge - Buffs also seem worse and hard to cast - I will say skills began to case more often after approximately 10:30 Central

- One thing I forgot to include in the feedback for last night was the fact sometimes the skill / action bar would completely grey out and be 100% unusable. This isn't a bug I had previously seen very often prior to this test and was present both last night and tonight

- Disconnects were as bad or worst than last night. I haven't seen disconnects this bad since the Harrowstorm patch. Porting into Nikel during a fight is almost a guaranteed disconnect

- Race against time doesn't seem to be granting major expedition and rapids didn't seem to be buffing it either

- Sprint is pretty terrible

- Some in the group experienced the slow bug where you are slowed and barely move and others around you aren't necessarily impacted - seems to be location based

- Siege was overtuned even before patch, but in this meta, siege is way, way, way to powerful and is just completely op. Siege shouldn't be the primary damage source during any battle and it is most assuredly that way now. In a completely unbalanced way. Nerf siege

- Cyro is in a relatively unplayable place during prime time in the main Campaign and is playing well under average even after things start to get out of peak prime time
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it won't be improving any time soon, cross-healing is apparently here for good now. So an unplayable mess and a potentially poor meta after the tests, :(
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it won't be improving any time soon, cross-healing is apparently here for good now

I can't believe how many times it's been pointed out that ZOS said cross healing had no significant effect on lag, and yet every single day people are calling them liars, lol
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.