The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob Stam Sorc DPS Parse

michaelarryn
michaelarryn
✭✭✭
I personally feel like my DPS is OK, however it does bother me from time to time not knowing exactly what keeps me from pulling the ridiculous numbers people say they pull with my class. Currently running 5 VO 5 Briar 2 Kragh all Divines (have also tested other sets, but usually the damage output is around the same) and I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am not achieving the same numbers others are pulling. I pop my weapon dmg pots when I see they are up and reapply my dots almost always as soon as they go down, but the numbers never go past 18-25k DPS. If someone who is knowledgeable can see this parse and possible tell me what I'm doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. More info can be provided if needed.https://imgur.com/a/iM14jCU
  • michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    Other questions I have- once target hits the 25% execute phase, do I forget about my DoTs and only spam whirling blades or at that point, the only difference would be to replace Bloodthirst with Whirling Blades?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not relevant to increasing your actual DPS but essential if you want to compare parses, is that you want to use the Iron Atronach trials dummy as it has buffs and debuffs applied, including warhorn, etc. This can more than double your DPS parse as compared to other practice dummies.
  • michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an updated parse on the iron atro. Missed a couple pots but dps more than doubled. =)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an updated parse on the iron atro. Missed a couple pots but dps more than doubled. =)

Awesome! Make sure to upload the new parse now too! ;) Hopefully someone with more stam sorc experience will be able to provide help with your actual rotation, etc. I will be interested to see as I’m new to it and have been trying different builds etc. to see what is effective and what I like the feel of but I know for all my characters what I most need to work on improving now is my animation canceling. 🧐
  • michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/rlOA2HD

Oops! I thought I did upload it!
  • Jeshugan
    Jeshugan
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I think you should consider that people hitting higher numbers than you just don't run the same sets than you do.

For stam dps, your gear is quite good for solo content, solo arenas, and most vet contents, but again if you're falling into the comparison thing, best gear last patch has been relequen + yokeda + selene monster sets for most stam dps. Can't compare if you're not geared the same way, wouldn't you agree? also cp config, type of food, skills should be examined to see if u can't change something for more what is know to be best in slot.

From there all it takes is training your rotation, and good pc/internet... lag is a killer for high dps

All those things will maybe change next patch (huge changes accross cp, items etc...) so i wouldn't rush to change anything either yet.

Hope it provides some insight, good luck take care