Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing hole's in houses!

HouLiGaN
HouLiGaN
✭✭✭
Please add to housing either by default, or by purchase of crown store fishing holes.

Like, in my daggerfall overlook house, I could Purchase a SaltWater Fishing Hole and add it to the water. Other Fishing Holes would not be effective like because there is no lake or foul body of water in my home...

And since its in Daggerfall, I can like only get fishies from daggerfall.

Please, I would pay up to 3k Crowns for this Interactive feature in my home. Many would, I think even 4k Crowns would be do-able. and u can limit it, to like 1 per home? or 2? 3 would probably be too much.

Thank you!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I can see is giving bots a safe, respawning place to fish.
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭

I understand where ur coming from, but this shouldnt be a issue that should be a pro/con of the matter, as bots should be dealt with on a different basis.

Like, botting is a threat to everything if u look at it like that
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HouLiGaN wrote: »

I understand where ur coming from, but this shouldnt be a issue that should be a pro/con of the matter, as bots should be dealt with on a different basis.

Like, botting is a threat to everything if u look at it like that

Bots are indeed a problem for most materials-gathering. While bots need to be removed, one of the primarily ways they get removed is that players report them when they see them, and ZOS removes them from known farming spots.

Therefore, one of the big problems with "I want crafting nodes in my home" is that it creates a completely safe location for bots to avoid being reported. Players have suggested node cooldowns, but then we wind up with figuring out the balance of what's even useful to a real player

When it comes to fishing, most bots don't fish now because the holes respawn at different places on the map. It's pretty inefficient. Assuming we're looking at placing a fishing hole where we want it and not implementing an onerous cooldown, the very features that would make this desirable for players also make it desirable for bots. Or players using macros while they AFK, for that matter.

But would they pay for it? Maybe. Bots are basically betting that they can make enough gold to sell online to recoup the cost of a new account before ZOS bans them. If the farming is efficient enough - and at your cost, it had better be - then the added safety of instanced homes could make it worth the cost for botters.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Master Angler, and I'd love a little fishing hole so I can actually fish from my boat and dock in Hunding's Palace! Nevertheless, it's worth considering the cons that come with adding hidden, safe respawning nodes for crafting materials to the game.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason this will never happen is the same reason your personal banker doesn't have access to the guild banks or traders, the same reason your merchant doesn't repair armor, the same reason your personal fence doesn't take bounty payments and charges a 35% fee. It's because ZOS wants people in the cities and out in the world, so the game looks vibrant and populated.

If you could do all of the above things, plus crafting writs and other things..... I'm sure there are some who would rarely leave the house.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be great if a limited number of gathering nodes, including fishing, were available for housing that could be harvested once per day per account. That would eliminate the problems of botting and not needing to leave home to collect significant materials.

GW2 had gathering nodes like this — some available for direct purchase, some for in game currency and achievements, and I think it increased player interaction in grouping to visit houses of those well-stocked with these nodes (you could gather each type once per account, regardless of whether it was in your home instance or someone else’s).