Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Outfit System deforms your body

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The last couple days I've grown increasingly bugged about my character's outfits, so I've spent more time at the Outfit Station trying everything, and I've noticed yet another visual issue going on. Certain styles chest pieces when applied to a character with the Torso slider to the left, possibly to any degree, will have that choice just ignored and the chest piece will push your shoulders all the way back out to max size. I gave my female characters narrow shoulders for a reason but now when I wear some of my favorite chest styles they're pushed back out to be given square, broad shoulders.

There's also something else I was going to make a thread about.

m4aftNG.png

How? Why? It's the same style, but the weapons float off the hip with the Jerkin, and with the Robe they don't. I don't understand what happened there.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of leg styles makes your legs/hips thinner. It's very noticeable on male bretons and imperials who suffer a bit of flat legs in general.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a chest style, don't remember which one, one of the alliance, maybe, that makes your character very skinny.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t noticed whether it deforms the actual character model, but there’s another inconsistency where the Dro-m’Athra shield at the outfit station is noticeably smaller than the shields that drop in that style. You can see it if you equip any MoL shield and then apply the Dro-m’Athra shield style over it at the station. Still can’t understand why they wouldn’t just copy and paste the base model (without the stars, sure).
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just outfits, some costumes too. The Noble Dress costume makes your character's waist impossibly tiny. Like, if they tried to bend they'd snap in half. I get that there might be some corsetry going on in there, but...
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just outfits, some costumes too. The Noble Dress costume makes your character's waist impossibly tiny. Like, if they tried to bend they'd snap in half. I get that there might be some corsetry going on in there, but...

The Covenant Scout outfit and the knight one makes you really skinny too. I truly showed up on my sorc whom I had made extremely buffy and suddenly she had arms like twigs. Ridiculous.

Of course, at the other end of the spectrum we have the Breton Hero outfit :D
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like these have really started to get in the way of enjoying my characters fully. Its so stupid to worry over but I'm finding most of my time spent at an outfit station than actually playing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    Was gutted, I spent the crowns on the Thieves Guild motif. Makes your character look fat. Not the look I was after for my supposed Khajit thief/assassin.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this with stags of z'en chest piece. Paid a crap load for the motif at guild vendor only to use on my petite Bosmer girl and her shoulders and arms got all jacked up looking like the Rock.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just say female version of Ebonheart Pact Cuirass.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and then there are cases where the hip and shoulder pieces of costumes seem to require some minimum hip/shoulder width - and otherwise just float. I have that so often with my skinny main.

Screenshot-20210221-040502.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several bulky type armor especially heavy have to adjust your character. Often you can tell which ones by the bulky-ness of the boots or gloves. If they're thick, your gonna gain a few inches on the waste.
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on February 21, 2021 4:39AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That one is just hilarious with how badly it warps body shape. If you've adjusted your characters gut down then the dress ends up looking like your character has sucked in their chest beyond what is humanly possible.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    I'll just say female version of Ebonheart Pact Cuirass.

Have you seen the Abah’s Watch chestpiece on a female toon?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of chest styles/costumes also dislike bigger posterior/hip/leg area. Because if they are one of the longer looks that sticks town over the butt, it will likely stick out like a damn tutu.

Many chest styles also add bulk, while many legs are tight and thinning, which is not a good combination!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!