The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

test definitely helps lag

HiImRex
HiImRex
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently there's lots of misinformation about the test and lag in forums.

Me and my friends usually play in grayhost in the morning until it gets too laggy to play.

Before proc test = at 3-3-3 pop, game starts getting unplayable... usually have to stop playing around 12 pm PST

After proc test = at 3-3-3- pop, game is very playable... usually can keep playing grayhost until about 3 pm PST

In other words, PEAK lag feels the same, but with procs disabled the server can handle a larger population and remain playable.

Which means we're on to something here.

Suggestion based on these tests:

Refine allowed set list to include a handful more sets
open an extra server
lower population cap by 1 bar
disable hammer
milegate/bridges non-destructible
revert cross healing changes
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Currently there's lots of misinformation about the test and lag in forums.

Me and my friends usually play in grayhost in the morning until it gets too laggy to play.

Before proc test = at 3-3-3 pop, game starts getting unplayable... usually have to stop playing around 12 pm PST

After proc test = at 3-3-3- pop, game is very playable... usually can keep playing grayhost until about 3 pm PST

In other words, PEAK lag feels the same, but with procs disabled the server can handle a larger population and remain playable.

Which means we're on to something here.

Suggestion based on these tests:

Refine allowed set list to include a handful more sets
    open an extra server
    lower population cap by 1 bar
    disable hammer
    milegate/bridges non-destructible
    revert cross healing changes

So, nerf PvP even more than it currently is just to get a small performance gain (if any, seeing as a lot of people reporting 0 performance increase)?
    Over the years it has already been gutted by the dev's but performance still gets worse.

We used to have 500v500v500, its now 125v125v125 and you want to decrease that again?
    We used to have defendable and destructable resources, now you dont even want destructable bridges/gates?
    You want to limit healers to have to be playing in groups when no other player needs to, even though ZOS have stated it makes next to no performance gains what-so-ever.

Its perfectly clear that the main performance hog is all the code they moved server side back in update 25 as they couldnt be bothered to actively find and ban cheaters any more, instead we all have to now play an MMO with silly amounts of lag/latency just so the dev's have an easier time moderating.

I mean I can even recreate 100% of the time the fact that heavy attacks produce latency/lag with the server, even in solo PvE instances, and thats with a ping of 60-70. Find any enemy and hit them with rapid strikes, notice how it all looks fine, now charge and hit them with a heavy attack immediately followed by rapid strikes, notice how the anim, sound and damage are all completely desynced now.
    Edited by Ringod123 on February 18, 2021 5:43PM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »
    We used to have defendable and destructable resources, now you dont even want destructable bridges/gates?

I actually think quite some people would see it as a positive thing if bridges / milegates would be made indestructible again :/

PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still laggy either way.
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if i'm playing another game or what .... Looking at people saying it's better. Prime time No CP EU, game feels like on slow motion. 80 fps but 200+ ping when mass fights actually happen. I see no difference at all compared to when proc sets are enabled. At least not in prime time.