Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No proc test complete failure, performance is exponentially worse, end now

CSose
CSose
✭✭✭✭
The no proc test has proven to be a total failure with performance being notably, exponentially worse than with proc sets.

This test didn't work and there is no reason to make the players endure it any longer.

• Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    It's already too late. Campaigns were empty last night on NA except GH, PvP guilds are just playing other games till the test us over.

The only thing left in cyrodiil at the moment is stacked up ball groups of pugs healing each other and 5 second ability delay.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly will turning procs back on improve performance?
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I don't know, but I know that performance was better prior to the no proc test. Balance was worse, but performance was better.

• Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    So I've played a lot everyday on CP and NO CP EU and yes I m very very surprised but no performance increase at all. After I think it get worse due to popularity of this test leading to more ppl online. On the other hand I love this no proc set balance so playing out of prime time and it's ok ish, but still have around 150ms ping that is still crazy.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiash wrote: »
    It's already too late. Campaigns were empty last night on NA except GH, PvP guilds are just playing other games till the test us over.

The only thing left in cyrodiil at the moment is stacked up ball groups of pugs healing each other and 5 second ability delay.

How can a PUG be a ball group?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They shouldn't have switched non group healing back on until they had at least tested them together. How can we possibly notice a difference if potentially switching back on non group healing result in a net gain of server calculations.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure they can end the tests, but please keep procs out of Cyro anyway, its a so much better experience to actually win because of skill again. Which many people share with me btw, the campaigns are even fuller (which should lead to more lag) than they regulary are, no other test could claim that, still the performance hasn't become worse. As long as you keep out of primetime the improvement is massive. Another factor is that they reenabled the Crosshealing beyond groups, which had a small but noteable influence in the past tests, which is why it got disabled till now.

I seriously don't get where people are coming from who claim PvP guilds would have stopped, while they actually came back just for this 3 weeks of testing. The only way I can explain that is, that you are calling Proccarry groups PvP guilds instead of calling the actual skilled PvP guilds such. There are many longtime players that returned after the PvP became enjoyable again, if the Procguilds can't handle that, the issue is that they never learned how to play real PvP, and don't deserve to be called PvP Guilds at all, since all they did was stacking Proc on Proc.
    Edited by L_Nici on February 19, 2021 8:05PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

I don't know, but I know that performance was better prior to the no proc test. Balance was worse, but performance was better.

could it be a null ultimately? and the problem is that the servers were just loaded with more players for testing?

too many variables for us to judge... ZOS must have metrics, or it's pointless.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They shouldn't have switched non group healing back on until they had at least tested them together. How can we possibly notice a difference if potentially switching back on non group healing result in a net gain of server calculations.

By testing everything separately they will have a better idea of what actually works instead of getting corrupted data by testing more than one thing at a time.

Not to mention the healing change was a really scummy thing for them to do to healers so I’m glad they reverted it even if it means I lose a guaranteed heal when I play as a solo magicka dd.

Edited by Sanctum74 on February 20, 2021 12:36AM
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played on Cyrodiil tonight and ran into multiple large groups - easily 40-60 enemy players in one location; and myself and my guild mates experienced no performance issues, and I didn't not any latency problems with out opponents.

I wonder whether add one that interact with the server contribute to people's performance problems; I noticed some people still using Miats when a casting effect was targeted on them by their preemptive dodging. Has ZOS looked into the server interactions with player add ons?
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lag is worse than ever - cant mount horse, character runs and doesnt stop, cant repair walls. Never had this before
  • ijames1964
    ijames1964
    ✭✭
    The test that they really should have done is No-Proc, no addons for a couple of weeks.
    imagine the amount of addons that everyone uses, it has got to impact the server tremendously.

I for one, would miss my addons.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Its unplayable right now, at least in gray host. For the second night in a row, I had to leave the campaign since abilities were taking 10-15 secs to cast if at all. To add to my pain, I had 4 stuck in combat bugs in 30 min requiring me to shutdown and re-start the game.

On the flip side, I had 20 AD zerglings chasing me around for 5 min unable to kill me while in my squishy bow build, so I know the lag is affecting them as well.

I rarely had performance issues prior to the test.

...and why did they turn group healing back on? Seems to invalidate the quality of testing.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    Unplayable. It hasn't been this bad since Harrowstorm. I think it was a mistake the revert the healing change along side no procs.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭

I fail to see how folks can take the information that "removing cross healing had no impact on server performance on way or the other" and suddenly think that turning it back on while removing OTHER server-side calculations is somehow going to magically make cross healing have a negative impact on performance.

They tried removing it, they found nothing of value. Now we're seeing what Cyrodiil, pre-cross-healing-removal, would be like without proc sets.

Also no offense, but I don't trust most of the folks on here crying that performance is so much worse. The only explanation I can think of is that they're running some additional metrics gatherings and that's having an impact, rather than their ACTUAL change of removing proc sets. It has to be fewer server-side calculations. Given the wide range of sets that count as "proc" sets, I would venture a guess that anyone with a clue about how to PVP was running at LEAST one such set, which should mean there are DRASTICALLY fewer calculations going on.

I've generally seen an improvement in performance, though it still tanks around faction stacks. Not as bad as before the no-proc-sets test, but noticeable. Maybe spread out on the map instead of running with 100 other folks from your faction.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden